Thank You American Airlines

TexasSkulls

Identifies as an Aurora Missile
Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
That's all. Simple as what the post title says...

...or not. I'm drunk and pissed, so share in my frustration fellow TESTies! I'm supposed to fly out tomorrow (today) at 12:00PM to Crested Butte, CO, where my family is. American cancels my flight, even though the weather there is perfect, and here in Dallas it's just raining, nothing more. Oh well, shit happens right? Well I call American, and I'm Executive Platinum with them so it's supposed to be a "real" concierge line, not CIG's current implementation ( :p ), and it's a 2 hour hold lol...

Still, I'm not upset. Things like this happen. Having experienced this before, I go to immediately book a "backup" flight for the next day or the day after that. I load up the flight on AA.com, enter all my details, then click submit. Their website says I took too long to checkout. Bullshit! I spent maybe 3 minutes entering my details and payment info in. I search for that same flight, and it's now $1,000 more expensive than 30 seconds ago.

American Airlines has the f'ing nerve to cancel a flight, and then less than 15 minutes later raise the price of all other flights to that same destination within the next 3 days by over $1,000. I know they have algorithms that adjust prices and what not, but I don't see how any process could react that quickly to a few extra seats on an already almost sold out flight being bought up. My only reasonable conclusion is that it's built-in to raise prices when a flight is cancelled...

Guess I don't see my family for the rest of the Holidays.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
I am sorry to hear that, I try to avoid domestic US airlines for exactly that reason. :/

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
You're doing it wrong. You are relying on one source and AA is a shitbag of a source to rely on. Fuck points and all that bs always shop for yourself and use them when they are the best. If you really wanna get there at somewhat of a cost just take that air equivalent of the bus aka Southwest to the closest then drive :D

Cheers.

Doc Shaftoe

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
DocShaftoe
As long as we cover all the short domestic flights none of the major carriers have anymore, we'll be golden! Plus, once we earn enough money we can start to build actual spacecraft. And finally, years from now, our Auroras will actually blot out the sun.

Reactions: SeungRyul

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I say we start our own airlines!
Goddamn. If all goes well, I'll be out of the army and into the air force here shortly. I MAY be of assistance. I capitalize 'may' because I MAY also be hammered and completely useless.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Sorry to hear about your trials Skulls. I'm no stranger to this cross country traveling, and have been in your boat. It sucks balls for sure.
We may be in your boat in a couple days if this storm doesn't let up, as my wife, baby and I are due to fly home new years eve.
Hopefully they rectify your situation. If not, I'd recommend shopping other airlines. There have to be more than one flying to CO.

NecroKnight

Lieutenant
Dec 27, 2015
RSI Handle
NecroKnight
American has never been great, at least to me. In fact the only airline that I have never had a problem with is Southwest. I am sure even they have scams, but I haven't seen any personally. Where as your big airlines pull ticket gouging and the smaller ones trick you into paying upwards of $100 for your laptop bag.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?