The Dayman Cometh

TheDENNISSystem

Lieutenant
Apr 11, 2014
RSI Handle
DENSYS
Where you from stranger?

I am from the San Francisco Bay Area, east bay to be more precise.

What drew you to Star Citizen?

Wing Commander was the first game that really hooked me in the way that made my grades suffer. When I heard about the connection between the games I was naturally excited. To make things worse, I have always been someone who was deeply interested in RPGs, space and sci-fi in general, and open world type games with heavy exploration elements. Before I knew it I had bought a 325a and gone to reddit to find the inevitable community.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)

I am certainly looking forward to getting out there and exploring but dogfighting will be something that I look to quickly relearn so I can enjoy it.

What was the first game you remember playing?

I got a Nintendo for Xmas in 1987ish, so I would say Super Mario Bros or Duck Hunt since it came with it. Sid Meier's Pirates for our old Macintosh was the first one I really enjoyed though. That map got tattered as me and a juicebox explored the world.

What other games do you play?

Strategy and FPS games mostly. A lot of Civ 5, Rome 2 and BF4.

Picard or Kirk?

Always Kirk. Picard may make the better captain, but Kirk was the better character and I have more fun with a few beers watching TOS.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Welcome to TEST!

Join us for some rounds of Civ V sometime. Just pop onto TS and ask if we're good for a game or two. Assuming the lobby is stable enough,the host doesn't drop mid-game, and the AI takes over only to buy 5 Triremes and start production on another 6. You know, the normal stuff lol.

Reactions: TheDENNISSystem

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
Hey welcome to TEST

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)

I am certainly looking forward to getting out there and exploring but dogfighting will be something that I look to quickly relearn so I can enjoy it.
What other games have you played with dog fighting?

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
WELCOME :D

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Welcome TheDENNISSystem

Please have a nice time in TEST :)

BluChew

Captain
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
OGKush
Holy crap we're neighbors, nice to have a fellow "Bay Area'in" (Planning to coin that just like Hella');). Welcome to TEST!

TheDENNISSystem

Lieutenant
Apr 11, 2014
RSI Handle
DENSYS
Hey welcome to TEST

What other games have you played with dog fighting?

Perhaps "quickly relearn" would be an overly optimistic term of phrase. I used to love playing the Wing Commander series when I had a joystick to fly with. Trying to fly jets in Battlefield with a mouse and keyboard was never as fun for me, so I never really got into it. I guess that means I am a decade and a half behind the curve. I am looking into joystick setups now though and hope to find something to do in the mean time (in addition to the DFM) to relearn how to fly.

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
Perhaps "quickly relearn" would be an overly optimistic term of phrase. I used to love playing the Wing Commander series when I had a joystick to fly with. Trying to fly jets in Battlefield with a mouse and keyboard was never as fun for me, so I never really got into it. I guess that means I am a decade and a half behind the curve. I am looking into joystick setups now though and hope to find something to do in the mean time (in addition to the DFM) to relearn how to fly.
Hehe ok :D

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
What drew you to Star Citizen?

Wing Commander was the first game that really hooked me in the way that made my grades suffer. When I heard about the connection between the games I was naturally excited. To make things worse, I have always been someone who was deeply interested in RPGs, space and sci-fi in general, and open world type games with heavy exploration elements. Before I knew it I had bought a 325a and gone to reddit to find the inevitable community.
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHTMAN!
CHAMPION OF THE SUN!

I was really bad about letting gaming get in the way of grades and studying, and now have to make sure I don't let it completely take over work and research time in lab! We'll all be in the same boat, completely absorbed, so have no fear! Statisticians will try to discern for many years the correlation between massive grade drops in university classes with some unknown event, which will happen to be Star Citizen's release

And in your initial post, you've:
Demonstrated value
Engaged us physically
Nurtured dependence

Now all that's left for you to do is Negl-

HEY! Wait a minute!

Forgot your password?