The Hull prices went up

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
An interesting development, I was rather expecting it to happen, but I wasn't sure if it was just going to be Hull A, Hull A and Hull C, or all of them. I was hoping it was just hull A since I realized (too late as always) That I should've bought two of each CCU for Hull series. Well, one each is better than none each.

The new prices are:
Hull A - $80 (was $60)
Hull B - $140 (was $90)
Hull C - $350 (was $250)
Hull D - $450 (was $350)
Hull E - unavailable as always but $750

Now, I kinda expect the Hulls to go bit higher still once they're actually flyable, but if you're like me and you got a Razor to Taurus CCU when they were announcing that Taurus will go up
(another CCU that I should've just gotten two of. Ah well. If I bought two of everything I buy, I would've spent twice the money. Maybe I shouldn't gripe about that)
and you got a Hull B CCU for the original price, you're looking at a VERY impressive $90 discount out of $190 total value. That's nuts. Maybe you also got Mustang Delta Warbond CCU from IAE or two ago, and Mustang Delta to Nomad Warbond CCU, and your Hull B CCU is from Nomad as well, that's a beginner end CCU chain with deep end discounts. A total of $105 discount from $190 value. Pure and unadulterated insanity.

My only regret is that Hull A - I would've liked $75 more (for a $5 CCU to Nomad, that I got my Hull B discount from) and then Hull C could've been $335 (so I could get a Hull C to Gemini CCU and then use my Gemini to Hull D). That would've been quite the CCU chain.

Anyhow, for those who are interested (which is just mainly me tbh) this brings the total cost of my BMM CCU chain down to

($25)
30​
35​
40​
50​
55​
60​
65​
70​
75​
80​
90​
95​
95​
105​
Referral reward
30​
5​
5​
10​
5​
5​
5​
5​
5​
5​
10​
5​
0​
10​
Merlin
Cyclone​
Mustang Delta​
Nomad​
Hull B​
Razor​
Constellation Taurus​
Hurricane​
Corsair​
San'tok.yāi​
Mercury Star Runner​
Vanguard Harbinger​
Caterpillar​
Starfarer Gemini​
Merchantman​

So, it's either $130 or $105 whether you count referral rewards or not (I'm not that keen to count them tbh. Especially not rewards for those levels you need to have a social media channel for). Either way, not a bad price for a $550 ship. Now, I know few of you guys probably got a better deal. Maybe you even had some CCU to BMM from the $250 era. Well, you can't have THAT much better deal than me. Unless you somehow convinced CIG to pay you for the privilege of owning a BMM.

Also, yeah, I'm fully expecting the Hull B to go up in price still. However, I think I will end up using Hull B -> Razor CCU in any case, since I rather doubt the further Hull B price increase would give a better discount than my Razor->Taurus $5 CCU.

Sorry for the long post. I got downright exited to see the Hull -series finally going up in price.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Hull B is so awesome CCU for chains now, dont have that much in stock unfortunately.
Make sure you stock on Razor in hangar before B is flight ready indeed. 10$ to go from 90 to 190 with B, Razor and Taurus if you have those old CCUs.

@FZD Got all that chain (even Hurricane to MSR warbond for 5$) besides the warbond Delta and the 0 CCU Cat to Gemini, but I have others warbond that reduce a bit to help. Was about to make new BMM for myself with the Talon old CCU, good that I decided to hold untill end of IAE :) BMMs for 125 and Carracks for 155.

Last edited:
  • o7
Reactions: Deroth and FZD
Forgot your password?