The Witcher 3: Launch Cinematic

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I will not watch this. To rob yourself of the sheer, giddy joy you will have upon watching this unfold on your screen the first time is the worst kind of heresy. oh myyyy gooooodddddd so EXCITED!!!!!!1

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
Is this a good series?
I tried playing 2 with no knowledge of the franchise. After an hour of cut scenes I failed to find out what anything was and died repeatedly in the first action scene....It looks pretty but if it's an assassins creed cut scene fest I'm not sure I'll ever play it.
I've heard 2 actually looks better than 3?
Worth a squirt?

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Is this a good series?
I tried playing 2 with no knowledge of the franchise. After an hour of cut scenes I failed to find out what anything was and died repeatedly in the first action scene....It looks pretty but if it's an assassins creed cut scene fest I'm not sure I'll ever play it.
I've heard 2 actually looks better than 3?
Worth a squirt?
Yes you need it buy it :c

But yeah, first hour or so in cutscenes of 2 was to help catch people up. Not many played the first. After that initial narrative kickstart, the game moves much faster, and you start having a more normal level of cutscenes. It's not uncommon to get 40 hours of gameplay out of w2, 90% or more it actual play outside a cutscene. The game IS very story heavy though, it's not just a light snack like TES. And err, no. The Witcher 3 looks a lot better than 2 graphically.

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
I am a big fan of RPG/Fantasy as well as shiny, shiny graphics so I may purchase!
Is it worth playing earlier incarnations or okay to jump straight to 3?

Edit: it seems the graphical comparison was to the preview trailers not the 2nd game. Peeps are complaining that it's been "downgraded". I assume it is still one of the best looking games around regardless.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I am a big fan of RPG/Fantasy as well as shiny, shiny graphics so I may purchase!
Is it worth playing earlier incarnations or okay to jump straight to 3?

Edit: it seems the graphical comparison was to the preview trailers not the 2nd game. Peeps are complaining that it's been "downgraded". I assume it is still one of the best looking games around regardless.
It hasn't been downgraded, the non-interactive cutscenes have always been pre rendered in the witcher. I loved witcher 2 beyond belief, witcher 1 was great as well, but combat is wonky.

Forgot your password?