They put a what in my Squadron?? (42 ask the devs vid)

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Female protagonist/player character in SQ42? Did I hear that correctly?

That is news to me! Really awesome news!

I'd sure as hell choose her over the guy with the "I don't know what I'm doing and I'm shy" voice lol

Did you know about this? When did this happen?
Who's the actress?
Yes I'd like to know more!

View: https://youtu.be/sPWc4hlyUu0

(Ps.: I'm way behind on news, if you haven't made a fuss about it here in the forums, I probably don't know about it so forgive me if this was public knowledge for a while now)

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Well, I'll have say that too before the last CaD video do to the state of update of the SQ42 roadmap, now I'm preatty more confident, still I've sincere doubt they will hit the beta release as scheduled, i'll go for a release at next spring/summer, but since they admit that the roadmap show for SQ42 is not real since is not updated that is quite confortable.

For the famale protagonist option that has been sneaked in quite soome time ago: they had already mentioned, like an year ago, that they aware working on making the mocap scenes working with both gender character, and they ware finding problem do to the different hight of the two characters (female one is slighty smaller then the male one).
This time they just say it plain straight, but it''s not an option that is popped up now.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Well, based on what I heard, yeah, SQ42 keeps growing...and growing...now I'm thinking it is at least 24-30 months before it is ready to release :(
Yeah, that's the thing I don't like. They keep adding and adding and changing and innovating and reworking and redesigning and refactoring... at the rate they keep adding to the queue, we won't have beta well into 21.

At the end of the video it was mentioned that we will have something that we will be very excited/happy about at CitizenCon. So I'm pretty sure nothing released until then.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Ya I predicted a long time ago they wouldn't make the beta deadline, quarter 3 of this year? No way! Were almost in Q2 and when they made the road map changes to this new "staggered development" mess, which was nothing more than hiding their inability to meet their own deadlines on their own roadmap I knew SC and 42 were way off, I mean at this point SC is 4 years out imo and 42 is prolly close to 2 years out.

This is why I feel money is an issue and were going to see another drastic measure taken by CIG before the year is out, that is my prediction, another % of the company being sold or some sort of merger will be announced late this year or early next year. I hope I am wrong.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Man, what will they think of for games next! But seriously, this is great news for the game in general, glad to hear about this.

On the money point, even without making another concept ship, all they gotta do is sell 2 million backers $25 of cool skins, small power creep upgrades, or even variants that just have a new have a different letter by their name, and CIG has $50M to keep rolling. They are well positioned for that. We'll know they are in a bind when we will see them rolling out the Vanduul capital ships for sale.

Oh and hey! I realized I can report my own post. Epic! (sorry admins!)

Reactions: Lorddarthvik
Forgot your password?