SilentStrike

Space Marshal
Feb 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Silent-Strike
Where you from stranger?
I'm from Maryland.

What drew you to Star Citizen?
Actually seeing how passionate/excited people are for a game that won't be out for another year but have already "paid/donated" $38,000,000. Also I love large open sandbox games.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Probably exploration or smuggling/transport.

What was the first game you remember playing?
I remember playing the Black Cauldron game based off of the Disney movie of the same name when I was really little, I just remember I couldn't get off of the farm in the beginning.

What other games do you play?
Crusader Kings 2, a bit of Saints Row 3, and CS:GO or TF2 if it strikes my fancy.

Picard or Kirk?
I'll have to go with Kirk.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Welcome to TEST!

Enjoy your stay!

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
Also I love large open sandbox games.

What other games do you play?
Crusader Kings 2, a bit of Saints Row 3, and CS:GO or TF2 if it strikes my fancy.
I heard Crusader Kings 2 was pretty open and fun as far as your diplomacy. Read several entertaining threads about someone systematically assassinating/murdering all their male children heirs and the game congratulating them for doing a good job of maintain order in the kingdom.

Apart from Saints Row 3 and 4, my favorite open world game I played in 2013 was Sleeping Dogs. I also have heard wonderful things about the exploration/ship combat of AC4.

Did you ever try any of the X games or Freelancer? From my own experience, I can only recommend freelancer, but I've been tempted to start X3:TC or X3:AP.

SilentStrike

Space Marshal
Feb 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Silent-Strike
I heard Crusader Kings 2 was pretty open and fun as far as your diplomacy. Read several entertaining threads about someone systematically assassinating/murdering all their male children heirs and the game congratulating them for doing a good job of maintain order in the kingdom.
I haven't done anything like that yet, most of the time I try to groom what my heir will look like and try to get my male relatives married to single Countess or Duchesses that control a bit of land. But the thread that got me hooked into it was this person who spent all this time trying to become king of Ireland, and once they finally looked to expand their territory outward they came to discover that I think it was France had grown huge and limited him from expanding anywhere. I guess I'm just you used to most games having AI's who can't really accomplish anything without help, and from my playthroughs if you aren't careful it is pretty easy for your large kingdom to crumble before your eyes.

Apart from Saints Row 3 and 4, my favorite open world game I played in 2013 was Sleeping Dogs. I also have heard wonderful things about the exploration/ship combat of AC4.
I have to be honest, besides Saints Row 3 and some GTA5 I haven't played too many sandbox games lately. I might end up picking up AC4 but probably not for a bit. But the ones I have spent a lot of time in were Mercenaries 1 and 2; Destroy All Humans 1 and 2; and some Minecraft.

Did you ever try any of the X games or Freelancer? From my own experience, I can only recommend freelancer, but I've been tempted to start X3:TC or X3:AP.
I'm a little ashamed that I haven't played any of them, but I think I'll have to pick up X3:TC.

Reactions: Walex

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
This is starkestrel saying Welcome!

Sleeping Dogs is the best. We should really find some way to play it together on an SSS.

Reactions: Walex
Forgot your password?