Thought I share my loadout on my Hornets

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Thought I share my loadout on my Hornets, I tried a big variety of different loadout and I came up with a couple that are packing a prety good punch. Side note! In my experience I have to stress the fact that it don't matter what guns you have, if your pilot skill and guns skill are not matched in a dogfight then you're likely to fail when fighting one that master those skills. ;)

Each of this set up/loadouts have been tested with Hornet against a Sabre with 4 CF-227 PANTHER REPEATER (as it is at current date) .

A standstill nose to nose count down 5,4,3,2,1 shoot out. Test was made from 150m - 500m and in all test Sabre got destroyed with in 3-10 sec test is done repeatedly multiple times so it is accurate. Distances from 500-1000m obviously take somewhat longer but result is same Sabre is destroyed. So conclusion is, if you can fly good enough hold your aim and to stick to a Sabre with in or around 150-1500m during a dogfight for a period of 20-30 sec or any similar fighter with this loadouts you probably win.
If not then I gues it's up to the skill of the best pilots flying but guns still do help if used right. ;)

(No missiles where used during this tests) and Yes! Both ship shoot as much as they can on each other untill one explode

Tested on: F7C Hornet, F7C-S Ghost and the F7C-M Super Hornet

The setup is ordered as in wich is my favorites are, but they all work very well ;)

Setup 1: This is the one I use the most..
Group 1.
Wings:CF-227 PANTHER REPEATER
Nose:CF-227 PANTHER REPEATER

Group 2.
Turret:HORNET FLASHFIRE SPECIALTY MOUNT with APOCALYPSE ARMS REVENANT or C-788 "COMBINE" BALLISTIC CANNON - This you save for when you have a perfect target close encounter combined with group one and not to long burst for the finishing kill, it overheat if misused.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Setup2:
Group1.
Wings:CF-227 PANTHER REPEATER

Group2
Nose:MANTIS GT-220
Turret:HORNET FLASHFIRE SPECIALTY MOUNT with APOCALYPSE ARMS REVENANT or C-788 "COMBINE" BALLISTIC CANNON - This you save for when you have a perfect target close encounter combined with group one and not to long burst for the finishing kill, it overheat if misused.
Setup3.
Group1.
Wings:MANTIS GT-220 For skilled gun users this guns overheat fast but are extremely effective in close range
Nose: MANTIS GT-220 For skilled gun users this guns overheat fast but are extremely effective in close range

Group2.
Turret:HORNET FLASHFIRE SPECIALTY MOUNT with APOCALYPSE ARMS REVENANT or C-788 "COMBINE" BALLISTIC CANNON - - This you save for when you have a perfect target close encounter combined with group one and not to long burst for the finishing kill, it overheat if misused.

Hope it can be of any value for anyone of you :D

Another side note! Since I hear alot peps in the game think its weird that Gatling guns with rotating barrels to prevent getting overheated get so fast overheated. Well it's not the gun that get overheated it's the power plant feeding the gun that overheat.Think that actualy goes for all guns ;)

Happy dogfighting ;)

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Thank you for the links awesome, this will do nice :D

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
I use different coolers on my Hornet Tracker. I'll have to do a test.
I use different engines as well.
Both of the above may not make a difference yet but they will.
I prefer the revenant cannon as opposed to the Ballister cannon.
It doesn't overheat as easy and has more ammo.
After any good battle, I head to cryo station to reload fuel and guns and repair the ship.
It's not often I get beat in the Universe.
I put the revenant cannon on the first half of my hotas trigger since it has more range than my other guns.
I can mess them up a bit from quite a range and effectively blow them out of the sky at times at a distance.
When I pull the trigger all the way my 3 MKII Broadswords kick in as well. I do that within 500 m.
Not many get past me but if they do, those 4 guns firing into their tailpipe wastes them quick.
It would be nice if we could buy side shields for Hornets like the Sabre has. I repair wings a lot.

Reactions: Shadow Reaper
Forgot your password?