Tobii Eye tracker no longer tracks eyes in 3.23

Mio Fujii

Commander
Donor
Sep 15, 2023
RSI Handle
Mio_Fujii
Finally got a chance to check out 3.23 for a little while before work and first thing I noticed is that the Tobii Eye tracker no longer tracks my eyes. I tried setting it to only track eyes, no head movement, and it still wouldn't track my eyes, only my head movements. As a sanity check I went into live, checked my settings to make sure they hadn't changed, and tried the eye tracking there. It worked exactly like I had set it up. They did add some "camera" settings for the eye tracking, but didn't matter with them off or on, max settings or minimum, the Tobii still worked the exact same way. Tracks your head movements, ignores eye movements.

I am assuming they broke something and it will be fixed because it is quite annoying to have it no longer move the screen to what you are looking at and have to move your entire head to do something that used to be a brief glance.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Given the working partnership between CIG & Tobii, I'm sure that is something that CIG would like to know about ASAP. Have you submitted a support ticket for it yet?

Nevermore26

Lieutenant
Apr 12, 2024
RSI Handle
Nevermore26
Finally got a chance to check out 3.23 for a little while before work and first thing I noticed is that the Tobii Eye tracker no longer tracks my eyes. I tried setting it to only track eyes, no head movement, and it still wouldn't track my eyes, only my head movements. As a sanity check I went into live, checked my settings to make sure they hadn't changed, and tried the eye tracking there. It worked exactly like I had set it up. They did add some "camera" settings for the eye tracking, but didn't matter with them off or on, max settings or minimum, the Tobii still worked the exact same way. Tracks your head movements, ignores eye movements.

I am assuming they broke something and it will be fixed because it is quite annoying to have it no longer move the screen to what you are looking at and have to move your entire head to do something that used to be a brief glance.
Currently I use TrackIR but have been really curious about Tobii. Before now how has the eye tracking worked for you? I have heard mixed things, torn on that or some new pedals.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Mio Fujii

Commander
Donor
Sep 15, 2023
RSI Handle
Mio_Fujii
I was able to get it to work. They added a couple more layers of options/sliders to it that can make it not work correctly. Apparently adding layers of complexity to simple systems that worked fine how they were are part of this new patch.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?