Ubisoft games overpriced?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Have I been living under a rock? I was pretty stoked for Assassins Creed Valhalla, even Far Cry 6 looks pretty cool. But at $130 CAD for the gold edition, and $160 for the Ultimate - about 120 USD (on ALL their new releases) I'm starting to wonder if its worth it. Have their games always been this pricy?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Have I been living under a rock? I was pretty stoked for Assassins Creed Valhalla, even Far Cry 6 looks pretty cool. But at $130 CAD for the gold edition, and $160 for the Ultimate - about 120 USD (on ALL their new releases) I'm starting to wonder if its worth it. Have their games always been this pricy?
Nope, but they think we have nothing else to spend money on since being locked up.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Standard edition ... normal price, thats fine

1594948097726.png

Now adding the DLC's for the $99 gold edition?

I guess thats really up to you.

I enjoyed FC5, but that Mars DLC stuff... it was ok, I would have been fine if I never played it.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Nope, but they think we have nothing else to spend money on since being locked up.
Haha, apparently. They do know we still need to drink, right?
Standard edition ... normal price, thats fine

View attachment 18117

Now adding the DLC's for the $99 gold edition?

I guess thats really up to you.

I enjoyed FC5, but that Mars DLC stuff... it was ok, I would have been fine if I never played it.
Far Cry DLCs aren't really a priority, but Assassins Creed actually adds a fair amount of content to the game (at least it did in Odyssey and Origins). But $160?! Double the base game price? I'm flabbergasted, lol.

1594949439641.png

1594949518898.png

Attachments

Reactions: Bambooza

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Ah man. I've given up on buying games at full price (with the exception of truly triple AAA games like Cyberpunk 2077). Rather wait a couple of months as the inevitable bugs get ironed out and nab it on a Steam sale or something.

Ubisoft is slightly better than EA but imo not that much better.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ah man. I've given up on buying games at full price (with the exception of truly triple AAA games like Cyberpunk 2077). Rather wait a couple of months as the inevitable bugs get ironed out and nab it on a Steam sale or something.

Ubisoft is slightly better than EA but imo not that much better.
Yeah man, with Cyberpunk coming out on Nov 17, and Destiny 2: Beyond Light dropping Nov 10th, I won't have time for these games, lol. I'll just wait until February or March and use a discount code /wait for a sale for these games. They ain't multiplayer, so there's no sense getting them at release.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Yeah man, with Cyberpunk coming out on Nov 17, and Destiny 2: Beyond Light dropping Nov 10th, I won't have time for these games, lol. I'll just wait until February or March and use a discount code /wait for a sale for these games. They ain't multiplayer, so there's no sense getting them at release.
I've just been grabbing the free game a week over on Epic Games. But Cyberpunk might force me to spend money on a game again and stall some ship buying. But I agree with @Aramsolari i'll wait on Farcry until it goes on sale given its not a multiplayer game and there is no loss on playing it later than everyone else.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Ubisoft may be going nuts , but so does others. What's up with the 70euro price tag on that destiny dlc?? Am I missing something here?
I played the first two dlcs and they were trash, wouldn't even spend 20 let alone 70.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ubisoft may be going nuts , but so does others. What's up with the 70euro price tag on that destiny dlc?? Am I missing something here?
I played the first two dlcs and they were trash, wouldn't even spend 20 let alone 70.
Actually, knowing Bungie, I have zero problem paying for a DLC the size of Beyond Light. That price (80 CAD) is the expansion and the season pass, and they way they've been running the game since Forsaken, the yearly content is certainly worth it. But you are right, the first 2 DLCs (Osiris and Warmind) were junk. However Forsaken and Shadowkeep, the last 2 yearly major drops, were insanely good, as was the seasonal content in between.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Needless to say, I'll buy Cyberpunk this year, and wait for all these other games to drop in price sometime next year. 160 bucks is nuts.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?