USA challenges Japan to Mechwarrior-style Combat:

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Sounds pretty epic! Also Battle Bots is on its way back if it isn't already.

EDIT:

And Battle Bots is on episode 2 right now. http://battlebots.com/

Last edited:

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Who'd win in a fistfight, an atlas or a jaeger?

Jaeger, for sure. Gipsy Danger is 79m tall, and Atlas is usually described as anywhere from 15-18m.

Atlas might get a few good shots in with its AC/20 and LRMs, but a Jaeger would just crush it with one foot.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
are they really that short? I thought 15-18 was more jaegermech-territory. I knew Gypsy was taller than an atlas, but I didn't think it was by that much.

*EDIT*
I realize now that that I think about it that jaegermechs aren't the rinky-dink little scout mechs, and are in fact mid-sized combat mechs. Shameful, really, considering my main mech in my time playing MWO was a JM6-S.

I'm thinking of the Jenner, which I thought (based on its in-game appearance) was in the 30-50 foot height range, or 9-15 meters.

Last edited:

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
are they really that short? I thought 15-18 was more jaegermech-territory. I knew Gypsy was taller than an atlas, but I didn't think it was by that much.

*EDIT*
I realize now that that I think about it that jaegermechs aren't the rinky-dink little scout mechs, and are in fact mid-sized combat mechs. Shameful, really, considering my main mech in my time playing MWO was a JM6-S.

I'm thinking of the Jenner, which I thought (based on its in-game appearance) was in the 30-50 foot height range, or 9-15 meters.
as I recall, mechs in battletech don't get much bigger than 20 meters high.

Forgot your password?