User Folder

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
Occassionally we have to delete the user folder regarding certain updates.
Can we use this thread to advise folks when this should be done? Or point to a thread where this is the norm please. Wil it be in notices as I see the last one there?

I did it when 2.4 went live but do I need to do it again with this last little update?

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
I lost guns and it reverted a lot of things back but not everything.

Maybe my rental time ran out but the launch button is different as well.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Yesterday or the day before, I believe it was. It did an update upon starting SC. It was not a big one.
That was an Update for the Launcher only because of the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).

As a general rule;
1. Delete the USER folder after all 'Major' patches such 2.3 - 2.4 - 2.5 etc ( not usually necessary with 2.4.1 - 2.4.2 etc)
2. Delete if you find 'unusual' problems such as red blobs, problems only you have etc.

NOTE:
Create a Temp Folder and Copy the Public\USER\Profile folder into it.
This is where all of your Option settings are and you can Copy them back after Deleting the USER folder to save your Option settings.

INFO:
The USER folder is created (if it does not exist) when you Launch to the Main Menu. The system creates it and places all of your assets (ships, weapons, modules, loaners, etc) into it. Therefore, it is a good policy to allow the system to create a new USER folder with Major Patches as CIG may have added new 'thingys' for us.

I hope this info helps some of you.
- Cosmic

Forgot your password?