[Video] Excited for gimbal assist in 3.5!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Best argument I've heard for gimbal assist yet, and there have been several good ones.

Isn't there a way for CIG to figure out if someone is using a banned 3rd party tweek like aimbots and the thing that lags the playr to gain an instant leap sort of advantage. . .I forget what it is called. anyone know what I'm talking about? Cheater tools.
The issue with 3rd party tweeks is they change the name often. So then your forced to try and use file memory signatures to see if a known hack is being used with out false positives as nothing destroys your game community like banning innocent players. Some of the design choices CIG is taking like object container streaming will help reduce the effectiveness of wall hacks because your client will only know so much unlike most console ports were each client knows everything about the game world and in fact is a peer game server.

Lag switching only works on some multiplayer games because they don't penalize players for bad lag and allow client side hit detection. While it allows for a more satisfying outcome for the aggressor as what they see and shoot at is what they hit. Its not a great outcome for the victim as they get a delayed update of the events (already moved out of that lane of fire). While the outcome if both players had the same ping is debatable and most likely the same, the feeling for the victim was they where safe then robed of it. Lag switching's only real advantage is it gives aim bots more time to do the calculation on the current frame for target acquisition. It can also allow for ghosting through walls and the appearance of warping around the map but often times this behavior causes a desync that crashes the game for the player if not the whole session for all players.

Most wall hacks, insta kills and true warping is because the client is also the game server so updating the game state is far easier as you can just update the memory locations then trying to find update statements that don't have boundary checks. ie calling the bank phone agent and telling them you have 10 billion dollars in your account vs opening the bank database and typing in 10 billion dollars into your account.

I honestly am not sure if there is a way to remove aimbots, but for the rest the way CIG is implementing their client/server code should make most of it difficult.

Forgot your password?