Video Idea for Fearless Leader Montoya: Why does No Man's Sky get a pass?

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
With the latest update to No Man's Sky, I am seeing a lot of gaming sites, youtubers, and podcasts that are forgiving No Man's Sky for releasing in the sorry state of lies that it came out in based on the latest patch that "shows they are making progress even if things are still rather broken." I don't understand how this game gets essentially a pass when it released in a horrible state with features promised that were not delivered and is still bug ridden to this day even with the latest patch.

Star Citizen, which has not released and is very up front about what it does and does not have in it(in addition to calling itself an alpha), seems to be vilified by these same people for essentially doing all the right things those same people claim they would prefer from a developer.

I'm sure our fearless leader can dig into this better than I can, but it has been frustrating me a lot lately.

For example: Giant Bombcast Episode 543

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Well, I actually give that Sean Murray guy (and his studio) some credit; they are sticking with the game and making it better & better. They could have just abandoned it completely after the original mess. I'm actually thinking of picking it up, maybe.

Also, there is more than just one side of the story, here is a link to a comment from a journalist who said that Sean Murray was accurate in describing the game, originally, and the hype train took over and things got out of hand. See this link (read Lee Hutchinson's **entire** comment):
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/07/sean-murray-breaks-his-silence-on-no-mans-skys-development-launch/?comments=1&post=35698149

Reactions: Bambooza

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
I'm more frustrated at how Star Citizen is seen as a scam and a buggy mess, while a game that actually came out that way is being praised now that it has seen some improvement.

Reactions: Bambooza

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
No Man's Sky doesn't get a free pass, just ask any gog.com purchaser how they have been treated. I am tired of being treated like a second rate customer over no man's sky. nothing but empty promises and totally ignored if you got it on gog.

Reactions: Radegast74

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Well, I actually give that Sean Murray guy (and his studio) some credit; they are sticking with the game and making it better & better. They could have just abandoned it completely after the original mess.
I agree. And honestly very surprised, in fact so much so I've started to play it again. While the game still has the limited inventory/crafting frustrations along with a drawn out crafting grind. The new features and graphics have added a lot of fun elements to the game which makes it not half bad.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
still no multiplayer for gog players, and no word on weekly content being available for gog players. and i know for a fact that support tickets being put in by gog players are being completely ignored by hello games. I even asked politely for an answer on no mans sky face book page and the post was deleted. I do know one thing, hello games can kiss my butt, i wont give them another penny. hello games has no integrity, nor credit in my own opinion.

Forgot your password?