Watch in awe!

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
What's the green crap? Looks a bit like the Aurora Borealis, but I've never seen it so completely monochromatic.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I really hope they'll have sights like that while we orbit in game.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
OMG!! they flew right over my house!

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Ummm... it didn't crash. Dumb.

Ha. Pretty epic stuff that we can do today with little to no budget.. imagine what we could do if we applied ourselves again to the space program.

(That's all nations not just us 'Mericans".)

Reactions: Overlord and rogesh

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
Ummm... it didn't crash. Dumb.

Ha. Pretty epic stuff that we can do today with little to no budget.. imagine what we could do if we applied ourselves again to the space program.

(That's all nations not just us 'Mericans".)
i think we would be taking over prety much any planet we reach in a few hundred years maybe? (humans the space rabbits?)
didn't the apollo work with a computer that was weaker than any of our calculators now? or did i kill a few to much braincells with beer?

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
i think we would be taking over prety much any planet we reach in a few hundred years maybe? (humans the space rabbits?)
didn't the apollo work with a computer that was weaker than any of our calculators now? or did i kill a few to much braincells with beer?
I think my Casio Pathfinder watch has more computer power than Apollo or even the entire space program from that era. The problem is how we utilize this knowledge.... technology is to focused on comfort and entertainment and not exploration or even the human development.

Slight rant...
I recently wrote a thesis on the great population issue that is slowly coming to be on our amazing planet and the lack of the world powers to control or even capitalize on it. The end result from my research and readings though always point at either global sickness or expansion into space.... I hope we see ourselves moving that way as hinted on the Mars thread; but as long as morons are watching the Kardashians and not watching the stars (or a telescope, microscope, even a microchip) than more idiots will be made. I remember growing up watching NASA on TV.. boring hours wasted of satellite repair missions to being able to see shuttle launches. I'm trying to get my daughters into it and its hard... especially since NASA is basically non-existent and I find showing them underwater (getting them SCUBA camp... since space camp is umm.. yeah) to get that "what if" and that wonder in their brain. Hopefully it works for them.. just like videos like this and the idea of the Mars Mission will hopefully light the LED above others brain.

/end rant.

Yes I hope we start conquering.. I mean exploring and developing other worlds, moons, and the deep black and blue of space and the sea.... before I die... that would be cool. And a space beer station.... that too.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I think my Casio Pathfinder watch has more computer power than Apollo or even the entire space program from that era. The problem is how we utilize this knowledge.... technology is to focused on comfort and entertainment and not exploration or even the human development.

Slight rant...
I recently wrote a thesis on the great population issue that is slowly coming to be on our amazing planet and the lack of the world powers to control or even capitalize on it. The end result from my research and readings though always point at either global sickness or expansion into space.... I hope we see ourselves moving that way as hinted on the Mars thread; but as long as morons are watching the Kardashians and not watching the stars (or a telescope, microscope, even a microchip) than more idiots will be made. I remember growing up watching NASA on TV.. boring hours wasted of satellite repair missions to being able to see shuttle launches. I'm trying to get my daughters into it and its hard... especially since NASA is basically non-existent and I find showing them underwater (getting them SCUBA camp... since space camp is umm.. yeah) to get that "what if" and that wonder in their brain. Hopefully it works for them.. just like videos like this and the idea of the Mars Mission will hopefully light the LED above others brain.

/end rant.

Yes I hope we start conquering.. I mean exploring and developing other worlds, moons, and the deep black and blue of space and the sea.... before I die... that would be cool. And a space beer station.... that too.
I once read somewhere,(not an exact quote, my memory sucks) "If we ever pass some lonely, empty planet with the remains of a civilization on it, we'll know that they chose not to go into space, that they chose to sit on their planet and work on smart watches and internet spaceships."

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
same here. i also think theres to mutch trash tv out there. here in germany we have a special name for it: harz4 tv. harz4 is basically for the people that are to incompetent (dumb? and a few that just don't want to work) to find work and... ah here's a link explaining it (its even in english :0 ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartz_concept
they are often consideret to be of the lowest social stand (not counting criminals and such)

yeah if only we could utilize it for necesary development. also the technology is there to have green power in almost the same quality as with "old"
tech!.... rant...
im only 23 and still am strongly interestet in technology and development. im reading lots of articles about such... if only i where as good in the theory as im in praxis (better in building things than calculating things) then i would go to university XD

Reactions: Dalarast

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
idk we have a bravo magazin here but never read one XD

Overlord

Captain
Nov 30, 2014
RSI Handle
OVERLORD_COOPER
I noticed a few comments on visiting or traveling to other planets but I fear we may bring the same environmentally destructive, perpetual conflict mind set that is presently destroying our planet. So the solution in Interstellar is to whisk off to another planet to save mankind? Sounds more like a spreading virus and if there is an intelligent/advanced civilization out there, I'm pretty sure they're not particularly keen on our expansion into the galaxy.

But I sure do love the pew pew and blowing things up. Doh!

S

svenrichter

I noticed a few comments on visiting or traveling to other planets but I fear we may bring the same environmentally destructive, perpetual conflict mind set that is presently destroying our planet. So the solution in Interstellar is to whisk off to another planet to save mankind? Sounds more like a spreading virus and if there is an intelligent/advanced civilization out there, I'm pretty sure they're not particularly keen on our expansion into the galaxy.

Then we will simply crash our Auroras into their ships, duh!

Reactions: Overlord

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast

When has human kind ever cared for what we may do to another species by it intelligent or not intelligent. Sad but true.

But with the current population and rate of overall consumption around the world something will need to be established to either set mankind right or to find some place else to populate (and f up). The issue of "intergalactic" expansion will not solve our consumption of materials, as SC will provide the observation to most that trade of goods will be needed from planet to planet. Going to need water, food, and other raw goods on foreign soil.... UNLESS there is an alien race we can take it from and agrees with our body.

(Sorry I have been sitting on a C130 all morning and afternoon and between sleeping I have been working on population and global economy issues and applying it to the Mars news... nothing related to my job... but damnit what else was I supposed to do other then yell at joes.)

Reactions: rogesh
Forgot your password?