Web Hosting Help

Ethreck

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 13, 2016
RSI Handle
Ethreck
Hey all,

I am in need of ideas and/or suggestions on web hosting platforms and technologies. I have not setup a website in a many many years. The last time I did, it seemed a lot of websites were using WordPress and I did the same. Is WordPress what is still pretty prevalent today or is there some other website software people are using that is better?

The reason why I chose WordPress in the past is because it gave me more control over adding tweaks, mods and there were almost unlimited themes.

The second part of this, the web hosting services. Can you all suggest some reliable, stable and economical web hosting services? By the way, I am in the US so I would be most interested in US based services.

The website I will be building would be just a couple of pages with textual information, images, some syntax highlighted code snippets, download links and a blog. Just to give you all an idea of what I am looking to do.

Thanks in advance for any advice given by my illustrious TESTies. :)

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
For simple wordpress sites, hosts like hostgater.com are cheap and easy to use.

I have not checked on them in a while, but there were cheap $5 plans and all that wordpress stuff is a click install it does for you.

Reactions: Ethreck

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Find a solid host, wordpress is still extremely up to date. Depending on what you want, and if you need to keep it simple, Wix is a decent service as well.

Reactions: Ethreck

Ethreck

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 13, 2016
RSI Handle
Ethreck
Thanks guys. Sounds like I will stick with WordPress then.

Also, for hosting, I may just stick with who I buy my domains from. I always use Namecheap to purchase domains. Their hosting plans don't look to bad. They seem comparable to Hostgator. I know Hostgator was pretty good back in the day and their lowest plan is actually like $2.75 / month right now.

Forgot your password?