Well, this one snuck up on me... Early access scheduled for tomorrow (12/19)

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
MMO's are my favorite genre by far. It is also a genre that has been absolutely vacant quality entries for several years now. As a result, I have been regularly checking for anything new or on the horizon. So you can imagine my suprise when I stumbled on Atlas. It was supposed to release in early access last week, but now is scheduled for tomorrow.... ish.

So what is known and claimed by the developer:
  • Basically Ark 2.0 (built with Ark assets by Ark developer Wildcard)
  • Only two official servers planned for early release, PVP and PVE (so if you hated getting oneshotted by some jackass on a flyer while you're standing in your underwear with a stone hatchet, there's a pve option)
  • Servers are allegedly capable of handling up to 40,000 concurrent players (...allegedly)
  • Pirate era gameplay (with ship battles)
  • Map is allegedly 1,200x larger than anything in Ark
  • Map comprised of huge sea and tons of islands
  • Uses "WaveWorks" for realistic water physics (rolling waves)
  • Territories can be claimed and taxed
  • Separate development team from Ark
  • 5 ships available to build and modify (from rowboat to warship)
  • NPC's in game (and for hire as crew for ship)
  • Treasure maps
  • Elemental, floating city, god based end game bosses
  • 50 tamable creatures at the early access
  • Players can build structures just like Ark
  • Private servers and mods will eventually be available

There's tons more, but that's just what I have read so far. Honestly, I don't care if it's basically a reskinned and modded Ark. At this point the genre has been so devoid of quality I'm willing to give it a shot. Hell, it can't be as bad as 76...

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
I saw this the other week, looks good and I'd love to play a fantasy pirate FPSMMO. If all 18,000 Test members played we could rule the server.

Reactions: Bruttle

Havrek

Space Marshal
Sep 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Havrek
I'm planning on playing in between releases of SC. Looks fun and I'm really interested to see if they how the pull off 40k plus in one world.

Reactions: Bruttle and Ammorn
Forgot your password?