What If...

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Well, the whole "What iff" concept is an age old Marvel concept they used to mix things up or divert from borin stretches in their main storyline.
Disney can be blamed for going down that road but they sure did not invent it.
That being said I'd have to watch it first to have an opinion.
And as of yet Disney+ wasn't worth me diesel, gov'nor... :-)

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Well that's a pity folks. I think it's a whole lotta fun...especially the zombie episode being a personal favorite. But, I can respect not want to shill for Disney+

As a FYI, volume 1 of the "What If?" series was released in 1977. I had to look up that fun fact, but I've long known about the series but never read them.

Paperback What If?: Classic - Volume 1 Book

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
For those who don't know, below are the kinds of direction this comic series has taken in the past - and by association the sort of episodes that the streaming series can take.
  1. (Vol. 1) #1 - What if Spider-Man Joined the Fantastic Four?
  2. (Vol. 1) #2 - What if the Hulk Had Always had Bruce Banner's Brain?
  3. (Vol. 1) #3 - What if the Avengers Had Never Been?
  4. (Vol. 1) #4 - What if the Invaders Had Stayed Together After World War II?
  5. (Vol. 1) #5 - What if Captain America and Bucky Had Both Survived World War II?
  6. (Vol. 1) #6 - What if the Fantastic Four Had Different Super-Powers?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Well that's a pity folks. I think it's a whole lotta fun...especially the zombie episode being a personal favorite. But, I can respect not want to shill for Disney+

As a FYI, volume 1 of the "What If?" series was released in 1977. I had to look up that fun fact, but I've long known about the series but never read them.

Paperback What If?: Classic - Volume 1 Book
Damn, that's slightly older than I am! Who knew? LoL

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
For those who don't know, below are the kinds of direction this comic series has taken in the past - and by association the sort of episodes that the streaming series can take.
  1. (Vol. 1) #1 - What if Spider-Man Joined the Fantastic Four?
  2. (Vol. 1) #2 - What if the Hulk Had Always had Bruce Banner's Brain?
  3. (Vol. 1) #3 - What if the Avengers Had Never Been?
  4. (Vol. 1) #4 - What if the Invaders Had Stayed Together After World War II?
  5. (Vol. 1) #5 - What if Captain America and Bucky Had Both Survived World War II?
  6. (Vol. 1) #6 - What if the Fantastic Four Had Different Super-Powers?
When I was younger, I thought I'd seen 1 of these based on Deadpool, but I could've easily been mistaken.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
What if Deadpool had Tourette Syndrome?
It wouldn't surprise me if 1 of the many voices in the head of Deadpool had Tourettes to some degree.

Actually, if I remember correctly, it was more along the lines of "What if Deadpool killed everybody in the MCU?" & had a pic of all the Marvel heroes & villains in a see of piles of corpses.

Forgot your password?