What will be the best Computer for video editing?

Muitudewado

Ensign
Jan 28, 2021
RSI Handle
Rickpeter
Hey Respected community
I am going to build a computer with for video editing and professional tasks and want a best and latest recommendations of processor,motherboard,GPU ,Cpu cooler and PC case etc.Please tell me what combination will be ideal for me in 1500$ to 1800$ budget.My passion is for white PC build and obviously if You will recommend any best white motherboard then it will be best choice.
One of my friend told that B550 wiht Ryzen 5 5600x processor and RTX 30 series GPU will be the ideal choice.
Thanks

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
That will be fine, any of the lastest gen AMDs and some good ram, you are good to go.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
If you will be editing in premiere or after effects, an Nvidia GPU with Cuda cores is still better utilized for editing than other solutions because of the native support for that technology.
Also, the more CPU cores you have at high clock speeds the better, for rendering.
Ram capacity and storage speed are also important. The more ram you have the larger/more complex projects concerning after-effects you can work with, premiere has small demands in that regard, but min 16GB of ram... I use 64GB and that is plenty. An optane drive works really great to render to provided my project files are on another drive with fast read access. If you keep project files on a drive and render to that same drive you'll be shooting yourself in the foot basically, always use separate drives for working from and rendering to... assuming you don't already have a bottleneck for data. I use an NVME for holding the project files and optane to render to. Finally, for long-term storage of both captured/record video files and rendered video files, I just use traditional hard drives as the data capacity for the price is really good and I have special containers I store them in. I have a couple of hot-swap docks, USB 3.0 I pop them in when I need to access old data/files/video/etc. I also use a network raid for storing my stock video library and stock after effects library. I hope that helps.

• o7
Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Kaus_Borealis

Grand Admiral
Jun 9, 2019
RSI Handle
Kaus_Borealis
The more cores/threads into a processor the best multitasking performance in video editing. Example: An AMD 3700x (8 cores- 16 threads) is better for video editing and cheaper than a 5600x (6cores-12 threads).

Adjust your processor core count properly to your wallet capacity on your selected store.

Amd Ryzen 5 5600x processor is mainly oriented for gamers due IPC improvements over core count.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?