What's up?

Alyid

Captain
Feb 4, 2014
Joining up with the Test Squadron because it sounds like fun!

Where you from stranger?
South Carolina.

What drew you to Star Citizen?
I have loved space and flight sims since forever. After playing Freelancer, nothing else quite cut it. The fact that Chris Roberts was involved in that and made the Wing Commander series made it a no-brainer for me.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
I can't decide. I'm excited about everything: ships, trading, meeting fellow space fanatics, and getting really good at space combat. In short, I like the flexibility of the whole thing. I think the best part, though, will be the fact that I get to fly a ship that I specifically bought with my hard-earned, real life money.

What was the first game you remember playing?
Probably a game called Blitzer, where you flew a helicopter around picking up scientists and shooting aliens.

What other games do you play?
Not that much at the moment, as I've been pretty busy with work and theatre, but I have a character in Planetside 2, and would love to join some of the groups here that get together on Saturdays.
Also, Dark Souls.

Picard or Kirk?
Hmm, that's a hard one, as I live under a rock and haven't seen all that much Star Trek. I'll probably go with Picard, though, because Sir Patrick Stewart.

Other things
I'll probably tend more towards the serious roleplay, but I'm not afraid of having fun. One of the things that has annoyed me most about MMOs I've played in the past is the immersion-breaking out-of-character chatter across almost all channels, so I think some aspects of this group will provide some solid opportunities for in-character interaction.

Thanks for having me!

Reactions: davidon

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Welcome to TEST!

I think the best part, though, will be the fact that I get to fly a ship that I specifically bought with my hard-earned, real life money.
I have to say that you never usually see this train of thought and its quite refreshing, imo.

Other things
I'll probably tend more towards the serious roleplay, but I'm not afraid of having fun. One of the things that has annoyed me most about MMOs I've played in the past is the immersion-breaking out-of-character chatter across almost all channels, so I think some aspects of this group will provide some solid opportunities for in-character interaction.
Get in touch with Vastair and check out his games of Artemis! Sounds like it could be up your alley.
http://forums.testcorps.com/index.php?threads/shameless-artemis-plug.236/

Alyid

Captain
Feb 4, 2014
Sounds like fun; I'll definitely look into it.

One of the things that has annoyed me most about MMOs I've played in the past is the immersion-breaking out-of-character chatter across almost all channels
Let me qualify this statement by mentioning that this probably wouldn't bother me as much in something like Planetside 2.

Reactions: JoeCool4433

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
North Carolina here!

Our role player group is growing fast!

I will be joining you guys for sure!

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Welcome to TEST man it is great to have you here :D

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
North Carolina here!

Our role player group is growing fast!

I will be joining you guys for sure!
Wait, how did I not know you were from NC as well?

After playing Freelancer, nothing else quite cut it.

Other things

Thanks for having me!
Welcome! Come in and have a drink on the house!
We don't run this base, but we have an "arrangement" with the people who do.

Forgot your password?