Which is more beautiful: scotch quandry

Which is more beautiful: two bottles of 12 year scotch, or one bottle of 21 year?

• Two bottles of 12

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • One bottle of 21

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Eww, alchohol is bad for you (Spai check)

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

TheZekk

Space Marshal
Mar 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Zekk
I just got my hands on two bottles of Macallan 12 year, an after celebrating my good fortunes began wondering if I would have had the same joy from a bottle of 21 instead.

Also: any suggestions for alternative brands? I want variety and foolishly trust my fellow testies.

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
I just got my hands on two bottles of Macallan 12 year, an after celebrating my good fortunes began wondering if I would have had the same joy from a bottle of 21 instead.

Also: any suggestions for alternative brands? I want variety and foolishly trust my fellow testies.
Coming for some one who used to work for The Macallan and has a Fairly nice Scotch Collection. 10, 12, 15, 17, 18, 21, 25, 30, and Cask Strength. 21 Fineoak is great if you can foot the near to over $1k it cost per bottle depending on location and local pricing. Two twelves serve a nicer experience as far as how often you will enjoy it. 21 may be only limited to special occasions due to cost.

This is the event i used to set up and help run if Scotch is your thing They go on tour soon and the event is free
http://www.raisethemacallan.com/

As far as alt brands It depends on taste. Like if peaty and oceany tasting whisky go with anything from Islay like Bowmore, Ardbeg, or Laphroaig. Now If The Macallan is a general favorite of yours i Definitely recommend Highland Park(A sister company) Plus they have some neat special edition bottles.

as far as enjoying whisky its always said to enjoy it the way you like it. Neat, Rocks, DROP of water from spey river, but if you have a chance this is a great way to experience it

I have one of these and they are neat (GET IT CAUSE ITS NOT ITS ON THE ROCKS)

Worked in whisky for 7-8 years and when it comes to The Macallan i know a lot.

Reactions: TheZekk

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
What happens if you mix the two 12yr old bottles together?
well if i hear if you mix them in your mouth or belly you become an official Test member with out even realizing it.

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
My scotch friends asked what category of fancy, told them macallan12 year & they said that was in the range of 'regular fancy'

"If they like the slightly sweeter, Kilchoman 5 year. Balvenie 14 Carribean. Takisker Storm edition."

"Dalmore/Takisker Storm are my favorite middle roads. And Ardbeg 14 is the best of the woodsy."

Wow apparently my friends are way more hardcore about scotch then I thought... They are still talking about it in another chat

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
My scotch friends asked what category of fancy, told them macallan12 year & they said that was in the range of 'regular fancy'

"If they like the slightly sweeter, Kilchoman 5 year. Balvenie 14 Carribean. Takisker Storm edition."

"Dalmore/Takisker Storm are my favorite middle roads. And Ardbeg 14 is the best of the woodsy."

Wow apparently my friends are way more hardcore about scotch then I thought... They are still talking about it in another chat
so what categories are there? Other than Regular Fancy? and is Macallan 12 just regular fancy? what if iy were say Macallan 30?

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
so what categories are there? Other than Regular Fancy? and is Macallan 12 just regular fancy? what if iy were say Macallan 30?
Their categories were cheap, nice, regular fancy, extra fancy, burn $100s fancy...

Will ask about the 30 year, one guy didn't seem to like macallan (but he is kind of a boar irl), the other 3 were asking things like smokey/sweet/woody/other adj.s that I have trouble discerning then started talking about temperature and drops of water (for oil separation or something) glasses & then got off track (?) about how the bourbon in trail is overrated...

They literally have a percedure for how to try new scotches... I'm like an alcohol peasant to them lol!!!

Me:
A) will I drink more (Y/N)
B) would I buy this (Y/N)
:D

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'll go with the 21 year scotch is probably more beautiful, but not as fun as a pair of 12 year scotches.

Reactions: Reyalp CB4

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
I'll go with the 21 year scotch is probably more beautiful, but not as fun as a pair of 12 year scotches.
Its important that you remembered to put scotches

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Its important that you remembered to put scotches
I almost posted without specifying but I like to minimize the number of watchlists they put me on.

Forgot your password?