Will CIG sell F8C before SQ42 (again!)?

Gambit

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Gambit
Customer support already shot me down when trying to jump the fences, I believe they must be a bit annoyed. So I came here to annoy you too! :love:

BTW, one of the questions I sent them (no answer yet) is if the F8C will be allowed to participate in the next best ship... because if it does, but we can't get the F8C, majority of people would be locked out of the rewards. And that is cause for bringing out the pitchforks :glorious:

I know the F7A is already outgunning the F8C with ballistics...
... or that the Mirai Guardian is super cool
... and that F8C moves like a Vanguard now (which makes sense)

But I just think it's so pretty! So I must ask: will I have to easily beat SQ42 in hard mode to get one? Will they sell it during IAE? Will we get SQ42 in IAE?

Stay tunned...

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
They've proven time and time again that if they can make money off it then they'll sell it again.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Will they sell the F8C again before the release of SQ42? I doubt it, but it won't surprise me if there won't be an option to purchase 1 with real money with the release of SQ42 & with in game currency if the player does well enough to unlock it in the game 1st. Either way, I have no doubt that there will be a considerable price bump.

Will CIG exclude the F8C from the Ship Showdown? I doubt that they will, because IF it lands in the top 16 now that they have smashed it with a nerf mallet, it'll give them a potential reason to offer it for sale during the IAE if it gets into the final 4. Enough people purchased them during their concept sale to make this possible, though the F7C has better odds or surpassing the F8C in the Showdown due to the nerfing.

Personally, I'm pulling for the Greycat PTV buggy to make it in & force CIG to finally get around to coming through with their promise of updating it so that we can finally get skins for it.

• o7
Reactions: Garonman and Gambit

Gambit

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Gambit
What I like most about Ship Showdown is the Dragonfly defeating the 890J back them. The golf cart would have my vote, since I am a bit tired of seeing the same ships gettings the prizes... Are they super transparent with the selection of the candidate ships?

And also... With SQ42 released, paying 300 bucks for it makes little sense, since you could just win it by having fun (sq42) and hate (grinding 20 million space bucks). Even now, 300 credits could go to bigger ships, so the F8C desire is mostly FOMO with coming back fever

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
What I like most about Ship Showdown is the Dragonfly defeating the 890J back them. The golf cart would have my vote, since I am a bit tired of seeing the same ships gettings the prizes... Are they super transparent with the selection of the candidate ships?

And also... With SQ42 released, paying 300 bucks for it makes little sense, since you could just win it by having fun (sq42) and hate (grinding 20 million space bucks). Even now, 300 credits could go to bigger ships, so the F8C desire is mostly FOMO with coming back fever
I've always had a ton of fun zipping around on the little buggy that could. lols It was the 1st functional vehicle in the game & only recently got the cart racing for it, mostly to distract us from invading everywhere else with it. lols

If I'm not mistaken, the plan for the F8C is IF you unlock it, you can purchase 1 in game, which will not be cheap. So the only winning 1 is from live events in game or at special events potentially. They've shown that they won't be offering any CCU's for an F8C, so the only way to get 1 with LTI is through Concierge program or if they offer 1 with LTI as a special prize, which isn't likely. Those purchased in game definitely won't have LTI though.

• o7
Reactions: Garonman

Gambit

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Gambit
I remember the golf cart in the hangar module. And them area 18, explosions and all XD

LTI for the F8C ain't something I am not worried... and come on, LTI is the biggest fear of the unknown CIG has developed. In game money is fun to spend, tough!

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I remember the golf cart in the hangar module. And them area 18, explosions and all XD

LTI for the F8C ain't something I am not worried... and come on, LTI is the biggest fear of the unknown CIG has developed. In game money is fun to spend, tough!
LTI is simply peace of mind that you'll never have to wonder if your insurance has lapsed or needs to be topped up.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
While there can be no doubt that the concept of LTI has been weaponized by CIG Marketing, it will still be a cost avoidance in game especially for those with larger ships/lots of ships.

I'm happy to focus on cash-purchased ships having LTI, no matter how that eventually affects game mechanics, because those will always be available for the limited playtime that exists.

I.E. My job is my grind, and it can certainly be one. I play to relax, not 'get ahead' in any sense of the words.

Let me edit for a bit of clarity: I did not buy an F8C, F7C, or do the mission set for an F7A. While I enjoy the idea of the missions, the idea of the reward only being worthwhile if you spend x-amount of $$ was nauseating.

Other than the Raven, what ships I've hung onto have LTI as a way to make life easier in the long run. There will be many more collected after the game goes live.

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale

I'm not buying any ship, much less one as expensive as an F8 without LTI. I'll wait and pick up an F8A in game.

Forgot your password?