Windows 10

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Edit: for thos emaking new PC's and installing windows 10 or looking for windows 10 and backup options etc..

Make an image of your current OS installation or take the drive out and set it aside, and install Windoze OS X to a new drive so you can quickly and easily go back if you hate Windoze OS X. Or, better yet, install Windoze OS X to another drive and dual boot between your current OS and the new one. Even better, make an image first, then set it up in dual-boot. Making an image will save you a ton of time and hassle later on. I can restore my Windows drive installations, set up with all the software I use, ready for immediate use, in about 15 minutes using Macrium Reflect Professional. There are some free options (including a free version of Reflect from Macrium) that also work well.

Do not use your current OS and its product key for the free upgrade. Splurge a whole $20 on yourself and buy Windoze OS X Pro x64 here (this is where I bought mine).

Download Windows 10 directly from Micro$lop here, create USB media with the tool provided by Micro$loth. Run Diskpart and clean the OS drive, then do a clean install.

Be sure to visit the threads @Matrix Leader has here at NBR on Windows 10 tweaking and cripple everything you can get your hands before you connect to the internet for the very first time. Disable access to Automatic Windows Updates in Group Policy and use a local (not Micro$lop) account for Windows. Grab DWS Lite and use it to kill every telemetry and monitoring "feature" it allows you to kill, and then, finally, connect to the internet.

If you feel this information helped you, consider donating to my BEER fund !
If you require further help, let me know, I have considerable time on my hands the next little while.

Last edited:

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Alternatively there is also AOMEI for recovery options, which might even be simplier and quicker and also free.

I would also make a backup of your fresh install as a whole recovery, before killing all telemetry, because you never know when MicroShaft will want to make sure you have it working and installed. They might block you from something, who knows. They've done this before...so I wouldn't put it past them.

Ariston

Lieutenant
Jul 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Ariston
Are you writing this because of the recent difficulties individuals (myself included) are having with running SC on Windows 10?

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Some people wanted some windows 10 + Product key help and fresh install stuff..
figured 2 birds one stone, cheap keys.. all in one place with some backup options

Oh, thanks for moving the thread too ~!

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
Some people wanted some windows 10 + Product key help and fresh install stuff..
figured 2 birds one stone, cheap keys.. all in one place with some backup options

Oh, thanks for moving the thread too ~!
Too bad the title is just Windows 10 but thanks for the edit. I was very confused.

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
i can now vouch for kinguin. bought a key and everything went smooth. them reddit guys have gotten too greedy for their own good.

Naruw

Grand Admiral
Aug 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Naruw
So I've been putting it off due to the giant turd windows 8 is...Microsoft seems to be on a real brown streak with their OS's the last 3-4 years.
I'm still on 7 pro anything like my windows 8 laptop OS and I'll likely throw my computer through the window.
What's the % chance that 10 is really just skynet..

Forgot your password?