[WTB] OC LTI Terrapin

Vixor Deland

Captain
Jan 27, 2023
RSI Handle
Vixor_Deland
This is like the worst reason ever. How much ARE they going for on the grey market?
Well, I suppose it's a bit disingenuous for me to say that's the only reason I want one.
I've always appreciated the Terrapin in it's design aesthetic, but a combination of reasons have kept me from wanting to finally check it off the collection list. The Terrapin finally getting its first (Long Overdue) paint is certainly one of the reasons that pushed me over the edge.

As far as grey market prices, they aren't terrible at the moment, and honestly I don't see them skyrocketing too much (but I could be wrong).

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I had a Terrapin as part of the Exploration Pack that contained a Carrack & several other ships, but I upgraded it into either a Polaris or Perseus since I picked up that pack. Most likely the Polaris, so no regrets. I'm sure that I'll end up with another little tortoise eventually.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
I had a Terrapin as part of the Exploration Pack that contained a Carrack & several other ships, but I upgraded it into either a Polaris or Perseus since I picked up that pack. Most likely the Polaris, so no regrets. I'm sure that I'll end up with another little tortoise eventually.
I've held on to one for a long time, but have 4 or 5 different CCU's on hand to upgrade with should it underperform in it's job. With the Radar and Scanner being combined into one unit (and a replaceable module) the hull itself is going to need to have bonuses to scanning to make keeping it worthwhile over something like a DUR, a Zeus ES, or a 400i. Or a Drake Cutter Scout, which is about 1/5th the price.

Right now it's not fitted with the claimed size 2 Radar, so it's underperforming even in the current placeholder system. Armor is not in yet, Heat Management is underdeveloped, and the signature system is being overhauled with a new 'delta' value being added. So the Terriblepin has a lot of hurdles ahead to be worth that high $$$ price point and not become something more worthwhile.

Forgot your password?