X4 Foundations

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Found a cdkey site where its £23 so I will get it. Thanks
I've been on the fence myself for a while now, the reviews on steam always discouraged me so far. I used to play a lot of X1 and X3, so I have some expectations this 4.0 should fulfill, but according to the reviews it doesn't even come close.
Post some updates once you get into it if it's worth the 25ish pricetag or not!

Reactions: PeppaPigKilla

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I've been on the fence myself for a while now, the reviews on steam always discouraged me so far. I used to play a lot of X1 and X3, so I have some expectations this 4.0 should fulfill, but according to the reviews it doesn't even come close.
Post some updates once you get into it if it's worth the 25ish pricetag or not!
A lot of previous X fans, expecially X3 AP were extremely disapointed by Rebirth and somewhat by X4. This is not the same games, and if you were used to X3 there is a chance you might not like X4.
X4 is a mix of all the good things they could scrapped from Rebirth (which looked more like X1 and a fps space game) and the old features people wanted to have from X3. So this is the reason the reviews are mixed. It is hard to please everyone.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
A lot of previous X fans, expecially X3 AP were extremely disapointed by Rebirth and somewhat by X4. This is not the same games, and if you were used to X3 there is a chance you might not like X4.
X4 is a mix of all the good things they could scrapped from Rebirth (which looked more like X1 and a fps space game) and the old features people wanted to have from X3. So this is the reason the reviews are mixed. It is hard to please everyone.
TBH I just want Privateer with the possibility of owning and building a larger working company like in Euro Truck Sim... This was not really possible in X1 to the extent I wanted it to, although it was the best space shooter of them all, with a proper story, a working living universe, conflicts and reputations and all.
X3 had the company/managment part down, but it's universe never ever ever ever worked, no matter how much you patched, modded, cheated. It always crawled to dead stop within a couple of weeks of playtime, and it was a god awful space-flight/fight sim.
So I'm looking forward to X4 being patched enough and working well enough combining the two. But I just spent that money on getting all the map DLC for ETS2, so I'll be busy with taht for a while.

Reactions: Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I loved up to X3 AP, was disappointed by Rebirth and really don't like X4.
I'm enjoying Valheim much more.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik
Forgot your password?