Y'all see the data collected from AC Single Player?

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
Link here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14304-Arena-Commander-V0921-Released

Alright so here's the thing. CIG collected a bunch of data on K/D ratios and accuracy between different control inputs. Interestingly, it shows that Joystick users are significantly better, across all boards, than keyboard and mouse.

That's certainly not an issue, great job on 9.2 AC.

My question is...how the FUCK does someone get such a low K/D ration in AC Single player?!? We are talking Vanduul swarm here, and the average K/D with a joystick is 4.6...wut?

Without even trying that hard I get to wave 12 or so before I get bored, with no deaths...and I know I'm not that great of a player. Shot in the dark, maybe 2-3ish kills per wave.

Is the majority of the player population just terrible or what?

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
that surprises me a bit, i would say the same, my K?D in vanduul swarm with a joystick is probably 15:1 at a low guess, that said, im a pretty experienced space sim/ flight sim pilot with a joystick, someone in a base aurora, just messing around, i can see they wouldnt score well

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
that surprises me a bit, i would say the same, my K?D in vanduul swarm with a joystick is probably 15:1 at a low guess, that said, im a pretty experienced space sim/ flight sim pilot with a joystick, someone in a base aurora, just messing around, i can see they wouldnt score well
Perhaps, maybe the majority playerbase only has an Aurora. I usually fly a 300i, like the field of view over the Hornet.

I have zero experience with flight sims, I recently switched to Mouse and Keyboard due to my x52 pro dying a horrible death. Not really sure if I want to buy a new one or not.

In any case, most my deaths in AC come from ramming into asteroids because I was trying some goofy turning maneuvers :P

Reactions: SPRNinja

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I fly a 300i, and I'm a pretty bad pilot. However, I can still manage to get a good 6 or 7 to 1 KDR in SP AC.

Oh god, the acronyms!

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
im in a 325a with a joystick, unless i get swarmed, or get missiled its honestly like vanduul ships cant touch me

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I'd wager it's all the superbads that never play against other humans that are dragging down the K/D in single player.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I'd wager it's all the superbads that never play against other humans that are dragging down the K/D in single player.
Or people like me who do not have a computer to play the game properly and start up a swarm match and never even fire a shot off and the game crashes....

Soon the swarm will feel the full power of this fully armed and operational asus G751.... until then I will shutter view my hanger.

Forgot your password?