Yearly "what ship do I want" thread.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Regarding the Prowler/Valkyrie problem, I have the same problem, I love the Valkyrie even just chugging around running box missions, its so quick to get in and out of, its quick to take off ( boosted vertical take offs with the engines in hover mode are mental), but the Prowlers looks are something else.

My issue is I have consolidated all my ships bar a handful into an explorer mega pack and I dont want to spend anymore money before christmas I am also only willing to CCU from the redeemer, and I also want the Argo mole, which I reckon is going to be around $275-$300.

I do have an original concept Prowler in my buy backs, I am just going to have to wait and see how it turns out if its worthwhile dropping another $425 on it, it looks like its going to be the only way.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Regarding the Prowler/Valkyrie problem, I have the same problem, I love the Valkyrie even just chugging around running box missions, its so quick to get in and out of, its quick to take off ( boosted vertical take offs with the engines in hover mode are mental), but the Prowlers looks are something else.

My issue is I have consolidated all my ships bar a handful into an explorer mega pack and I dont want to spend anymore money before christmas I am also only willing to CCU from the redeemer, and I also want the Argo mole, which I reckon is going to be around $275-$300.

I do have an original concept Prowler in my buy backs, I am just going to have to wait and see how it turns out if its worthwhile dropping another $425 on it, it looks like its going to be the only way.
I've got my core package with my Carrack/Sentinel/Mercury StarRunner. That leaves me able to play with ships outside of that. Based on the recommendations I've received, I'll test the Valk for a while, and see if I like her. As much as I want to use the credit for a couple/few ships, I'd much rather have one new ship that has a lot of utility. I need to have something to work towards in game, haha.
That Prowler is a beauty though. Real beauty.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I made a mistake. I rented the Hammerhead and flew it around a bit.

I like it.

Definitely not a solo ship, but neither is my Tali. It isn't as agile as a Tali, which, before now, was the limit of my tolerance for agility. Top end is faster than the tali, though it takes longer to get there.

Maybe next year.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik

I like it.

Definitely not a solo ship, but neither is my Tali. It isn't as agile as a Tali, which, before now, was the limit of my tolerance for agility. Top end is faster than the tali, though it takes longer to get there.

Maybe next year.
That's not really a mistake. Now you know, and you aren't out of pocket... just time, which you'd have used up anyway.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Looking forward to the new Crusader ship. That might make for a nice holiday surprise.
The Ares. Colour me intrigued. I'd be happy with a 400-600 ship that ticked a couple boxes for me. Blockade runner, small corvette. Gunboat. Rail gun boat. Something like that. Made to punch through a line of defence and keep going.

I like it.

Maybe next year.
Before the great account purge of the second basement flood, I owned both the Polaris and the Hammerhead. Sad days now, lol.

I don't begrudge you falling for her. She's a beauty, and will be everything you could possibly want once blades or NPC gunners are a reality. Or once turrets don't suck, haha
That's not really a mistake. Now you know, and you aren't out of pocket... just time, which you'd have used up anyway.
Wise man speaking here.

Forgot your password?