You there, what is your profession I mean K/D?

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
So I finally got some time to play a match or three in multiplayer, and it got me thinking. Nobody's really talking about their combat strategies, let alone boasting of their multiplayer prowess. I thought I'd change all that, and lo, this post was born.

Personally, I've been using and abusing Voiceattack for shield and CM management, and I've found that avoiding furballs is beneficial since I don't get jumped from behind as much. Instead, I look for that one guy who is invariably lurking out in the asteroids, come in from "high" relative to the galactic plane, and hit him with a missile and my omniskies. So far this has ended with me coming out with a positive (or at least even) K/D.

What are y'all doing that seems to work?

P.S.: Auroras look a lot like the hull of a wingless scythe if you squint at them right.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I have not made it into multiplayer yet, but you are correct, getting yourself into the furball is an easy way to get shot.

Hanging out on the outskirts and darting in when you see a target of opportunity may be not as exciting, but it will improve your K/D.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I feel like KD in this mode doesn't matter yet. How often will you be getting into furballs? I suspect we will primarily have to deal with 1 or 2 pirates at a time, whether AI or human, and that the true test of just how effective you will be in the actual 'verse will be how often you manage to defend yourself against such a low-intensity threat.

Not to say this isn't valid. AC will be a great way to prepare for large-scale engagements, most commonly found in org-on-org warfare.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I have not made it into multiplayer yet, but you are correct, getting yourself into the furball is an easy way to get shot.
The 300 series is especially vulnerable to this; that big fragile engine on the back is an absolute bullet magnet if they drop your shields, leaving you dead in the water.

KingNewbs

Space Marshal
Jun 14, 2014
RSI Handle
KingNewbs
My current Kill-to-Death ratio is (approximately) 5:2193.

I'm terrible at this game! But I keep on jumping in there. Practicing with my trusty Saitek CYBORG3D Gold and my VoiceAttack companion can only improve my situation.

Doesn't seem to be improving any yet, but it's just a matter of time. Lots and lots of time.

stefmor90

Vice Admiral
Mar 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Valihanth
g01ng fu11 0ut xXx|MLG|xXx 0n th353 b1tch35 360 >n0d0p3< th4t 4ur0r4 b4ck 2 w4r thund3r

xXx§↑═||||xXx†420 blaez roberts™™™™™™™™™™™†xXx||||═↑§xXx

if ur in razr mak sure 2 liek an subscrib

Forgot your password?