Your journalism is bad, and you should feel bad.

ShakyWater

Vice Admiral
Jan 4, 2017
RSI Handle
shakywater
Texas Deer Hunting Season Opens Saturday, Fewer Deer Likely: TPWD

Texas hunters will see greener pastures and possibly fewer deer coming to the feeders in early November when the general season kicks off Saturday statewide. “There’s a huge flush of green, like a giant food plot, so that’s good for the deer,” said Alan Cain, TPWD deer program leader.

“I think based on what we’ve seen coming in during archery season, hunters should be pleasantly surprised with antler quality,” Cain predicted. “Overall, I’m fairly optimistic about the 2018 deer season.”

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Texas-Deer-Hunting-Season-Opens-Saturday-Fewer-Deer-Likely-TPWD-499059681.html

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Based off all the dead and alive deer along the side of the road this month in Virginia I'm guessing hunting season is going to be something special this year.

Last edited:

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
who cares about antler quality?

it's all about the venison, mang

Reactions: Ammorn and Deroth

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
If you have some land you could lure with deer corn through a gate to a fenced in area with fences too tall for it to jump and then fatten it up.
ya know... I've seen deer jump about 10' high from a stand still.....
also some places it is against the law to "bait" deer... other places it is against the law to even feed the deer
… besides.. the deer are pretty slack...
Slack Deer.png

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Never did understand the need to bait deer or put up deer blinds, always seemed to go against the idea of hunting. Then again here deer are fattened up nicely on alfalfa fields, well the ones who are not shot prior to the start of season by the pissed off farmers.

Reactions: Ammorn and Deroth

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
I'd check to see if it's legal where you live before I did that. Folks go to jail for keeping deer illegally.
ya know... I've seen deer jump about 10' high from a stand still.....
also some places it is against the law to "bait" deer... other places it is against the law to even feed the deer
… besides.. the deer are pretty slack...
View attachment 10900
If it pleases the crown, I'd like to humbly request that I may feed and raise some livestock.

If you have a barn large enough you could possibly raise them there and nobody would know.

Reactions: Deroth and Bambooza

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
Never did understand the need to bait deer or put up deer blinds, always seemed to go against the idea of hunting. Then again here deer are fattened up nicely on alfalfa fields, well the ones who are not shot prior to the start of season by the pissed off farmers.
So just plant some alfalfa fields and shoot the fat deer that are destroying your crops? You wouldn't want the deer to go to waste, so you'd do your part and harvest the meat.

Reactions: Deroth and Bambooza
Forgot your password?