600i rework

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Finally got around to watching live from Friday and they talked about some of the 600i changes. It seems the explorer can now hold a nova.
Yeah, they mentioned that a while back when they were starting on the remodel, along with the Exploration model getting a medical bay. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Wow how did I miss this thread first time round? Somewhere on Spectrum there is a super thread where a backer is keeping meticulous record of all info coming out about the 600 rework but I think it's locked behind the Consierge level.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
600i has mostly large components currently the spec sheet appears to be totally wrong?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I’m disappointed. First of all, I don’t see how fitting a tank into an exploration ship is somehow a priority. That’s batty. Players may love it but it doesn’t make sense. If you want to carry a tank it would be better to have a tank module for the Carrack.

Also I must say I hate the art work for the armory. WTF is it that CIG cannot design a real armory? It’s like they just don’t get that a ship with 5 people needs to store 25 different suits, 75 weapons, 30 harnesses, 5 crates of ammo, 5 crates of different sorts of grenades, 5 crates of med supplies, a whole section of wall for multi-tools and attachments. . .etc. Why can they not get this right no matter how many times they’re told? What is all the empty wall space about?

Just ridiculous

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I’m disappointed. First of all, I don’t see how fitting a tank into an exploration ship is somehow a priority. That’s batty. Players may love it but it doesn’t make sense. If you want to carry a tank it would be better to have a tank module for the Carrack.

Also I must say I hate the art work for the armory. WTF is it that CIG cannot design a real armory? It’s like they just don’t get that a ship with 5 people needs to store 25 different suits, 75 weapons, 30 harnesses, 5 crates of ammo, 5 crates of different sorts of grenades, 5 crates of med supplies, a whole section of wall for multi-tools and attachments. . .etc. Why can they not get this right no matter how many times they’re told? What is all the empty wall space about?

Just ridiculous
That's just, like... your opinion, man.

View: https://giphy.com/gifs/thegoodfilms-film-the-big-lebowski-dude-MPuTZQqOmYKPK

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Hey guys no need to fight about it (but if we do have to fight then my 600i with 3 x Deadbolt V is gonna destroy your carrack in 60 seconds...)

I am hoping for the 600i they don't change it too much but they optimise the interior based on the most modern methods of production - the 600i is a huge ship with a small interior and a lot of wasted space so if they can squeeze in the med bay maybe a small armoury - double or triple the cargo bay size and generally make it perfect - then I think it is great.

For balance purposes I do have a carrack too but I don't find mysef using it all that often as it doesnt have any pilot weapons. If it had 2 x S5 it would be great. (i think ships purposefully not having pilot weapons is retarded personally and don't know why CIG seems obsessed with forcing ships not be soloable almost to spite us).

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hey guys no need to fight about it (but if we do have to fight then my 600i with 3 x Deadbolt V is gonna destroy your carrack in 60 seconds...)

I am hoping for the 600i they don't change it too much but they optimise the interior based on the most modern methods of production - the 600i is a huge ship with a small interior and a lot of wasted space so if they can squeeze in the med bay maybe a small armoury - double or triple the cargo bay size and generally make it perfect - then I think it is great.

For balance purposes I do have a carrack too but I don't find mysef using it all that often as it doesnt have any pilot weapons. If it had 2 x S5 it would be great. (i think ships purposefully not having pilot weapons is retarded personally and don't know why CIG seems obsessed with forcing ships not be soloable almost to spite us).
Apologies, was not intending to come across as combative it's why I put a clarification on :-)

I'm really intreagued by the two level cargo deck and exactly what that means.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I don’t see how fitting a tank into an exploration ship is somehow a priority.
To a degree, I understand & agree. I'm not sure about if the metrics would allow, but with a space that large, I'd prefer to have my 600i Exploration hold a Spartan, so that all of the crew can be loaded into a dependable vehicle to be transported together across the ground, should that be needed.

Edit: the potential metrics issue with what I'd prefer stems from the Spartan being 17m long vs the Nova being 16m long. All of the other parameters seem to allow the Spartan to fit within the same dimensional space.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Now THAT makes good sense. IIRC, there was a lot of talk at Spartan release that there would be exploration and medical versions to come. Making room for them on the 600i makes sense.

CIG still needs to figure out how to represent an armory. Without blind storage none of us would get by with the terrible storage CIG builds into ships. They totally do not get it.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Now THAT makes good sense. IIRC, there was a lot of talk at Spartan release that there would be exploration and medical versions to come. Making room for them on the 600i makes sense.

CIG still needs to figure out how to represent an armory. Without blind storage none of us would get by with the terrible storage CIG builds into ships. They totally do not get it.
I have no idea what CIG will reveal included with the armory in the 600i. As for the clean walls, those might simply be doors that conceal the items stored, as part of the "luxury" aesthetic. I've seen quite a few pics & videos of people hiding storage places in areas that look like nothing out of the ordinary. As for the quantities of items the armory should have, I'd be satisfied with each crew member getting room for 2 sidearms, 2 main weapons, 2 armor sets, 2 utility tools as well as additional storage for plenty of ammo & upgrades for these items. This should be enough storage for the basics for a crew, then if more weapons, armor & items are found along the way from being looted, I think that each player should also have access to a 2 SCU cargo box in their living quarters. These are just my thoughts on the matter though.

• o7
Reactions: Garonman

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yes well keep in mind every exploration or general purpose ship needs hot and cold suits for each crew member, a light armor, a combat setup and civilian clothes, a couple weapons and access to a cash of special purpose like rail guns, rocket launchers, etc. This is assuming most players can be happy with a selection of just two primary weapons, but is that ballistic and energy, rifle and submachine gun, sniper and pistol? What about carbines? Fact is, most players want to customize their fit out for each mission. Even if they choose the same fit out 90% of the time, don’t we want lots of selections close at hand? This is what an actual armory is all about. Otherwise we can make due with a foot locker. Fact is, we use invisible storage for our selections and the interior of the ships do NOT represent our priorities.

My whining about this has a long history. I’ve been calling for enhanced weapons and armor storage for most of a decade now, and even on the ships with dedicated armories they do not provide wall space to hang weapons. Makes no sense to me. What makes good sense is the aft bulkhead of the bridge on the Trans-Utopia. That bounty hunting crew had an armory right on the bridge which they accessed regularly. It made perfect sense and great film. The 400i needs that kind of bulkhead. Why not be able to hang weapons anywhere on the right kind of walls? The entire Nomad living space is crying out for hanging Vanduul Plasma Lances as trophies.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Yes well keep in mind every exploration or general purpose ship needs hot and cold suits for each crew member, a light armor, a combat setup and civilian clothes, a couple weapons and access to a cash of special purpose like rail guns, rocket launchers, etc. This is assuming most players can be happy with a selection of just two primary weapons, but is that ballistic and energy, rifle and submachine gun, sniper and pistol? What about carbines? Fact is, most players want to customize their fit out for each mission. Even if they choose the same fit out 90% of the time, don’t we want lots of selections close at hand? This is what an actual armory is all about. Otherwise we can make due with a foot locker. Fact is, we use invisible storage for our selections and the interior of the ships do NOT represent our priorities.

My whining about this has a long history. I’ve been calling for enhanced weapons and armor storage for most of a decade now, and even on the ships with dedicated armories they do not provide wall space to hang weapons. Makes no sense to me. What makes good sense is the aft bulkhead of the bridge on the Trans-Utopia. That bounty hunting crew had an armory right on the bridge which they accessed regularly. It made perfect sense and great film. The 400i needs that kind of bulkhead. Why not be able to hang weapons anywhere on the right kind of walls? The entire Nomad living space is crying out for hanging Vanduul Plasma Lances as trophies.
All of this is perfectly understandable. I'm simply doing my best to mitigate my expectations towards something that they might provide, hoping that they'll grant us more, while minimizing my disappointment if they issue less.

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc

I would love to have a display wall/shelves on large/capital sized ships. That would be very cool.

Regarding the lack of armor lockers, that's why we have Talonsbane. We just suit him up and send him into the fiery inferno while we sip on some ice tea in the temperature controlled mess hall. We'll see if he can keep calm and yub nub when his under armor ignites? If he makes it back safe and sound, then we can all take turns running amuck on the surface.

Don't complain Talonsbane...you did sign up as a TESTie after all :love:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I would love to have a display wall/shelves on large/capital sized ships. That would be very cool.

Regarding the lack of armor lockers, that's why we have Talonsbane. We just suit him up and send him into the fiery inferno while we sip on some ice tea in the temperature controlled mess hall. We'll see if he can keep calm and yub nub when his under armor ignites? If he makes it back safe and sound, then we can all take turns running amuck on the surface.

Don't complain Talonsbane...you did sign up as a TESTie after all :love:
Why would I complain? I'd have the only key to the storage rooms containing all the ships alcohol hung around my neck under my undersuit. Either way, I know that my body will be retrieved, if for no other reason to get back to the booze. LoL & yub nub, cheers!

Forgot your password?