Another 'Early Access' Bummer!

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
So if anyone was wondering, KSP2, which I've been very excited for, is so far a disappointing flop in EA, and I would NOT recommend getting it yet. I don't *think* I'm going to go so far as requesting a refund for it; I'm personally willing to let them keep my $50 in the hopes they can use it to salvage the project, but really for most people my recommendation will be don't bother, and just stick to KSP1 / mods for the time being. Big bummer, but there it is. :/

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I've not played KSP but many thanks for the details, TEST has a good history of some of it's backers like Phil seeing through the Hype of a game and it ending up being absolutely correct so it's always wise to listen to the warnings of ones TESTies!

Quirkz

Rear Admiral
Dec 6, 2021
RSI Handle
QuickQuirkz
Wasn't there a bunch of drama relating to the original devs getting screwed over by the publisher and leaving, with #2 being built by a completely different development company?

Reactions: Scape

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Wasn't there a bunch of drama relating to the original devs getting screwed over by the publisher and leaving, with #2 being built by a completely different development company?
I'm honestly not really sure how much 'drama' was or wasn't involved here. It IS true that 2 was developed and published by different entities than the original, but whether that was done *amicably* by a larger studio helping a small indie to expand their sequel by leveraging greater resources; or whether it was more of a *hostile takeover* of the bigger fish squeezing someone else's ideas for profit; well especially with covid in the middle of the whole thing, for me at least I just don't know enough details to make the call. I can EASILY believe it going either way though.

Forgot your password?