Anvil Ballista revealed. $120 warbond, $140 store credit

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya

Technical Specifications
The Ballista packs its massive payload into a relatively slim package and can run with a skeleton crew, allowing you nigh-limitless defensive options.
  • Length
    16m
  • Width
    7m
  • Height
    5m
  • Max crew
  • ARTILLERY SYSTEM MAX CAPACITY
    8x S5 Missiles2x S7 Missiles

It was what everybody expected it to be:

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Just need an org group to post at a certain commodity post and protect it with a few Ballista and an HH then we can make lots of money!
The problem with anything with a finite number of munitions on it, like this vehicles 10 missiles, is even if each missile destroys its target that's only 10 foes eradicated.

TEST has 18317 members at the moment... even if they have two Baristas and they take down 20 ships, we will still have 18297 Auroras to overrun them with. 🙂

Alone we are but drops of rain, but together we form a mighty torrent!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I can sooo see myself buying this.

Did anyone else think that in the email where it says "Available to drive today" means it is actually ingame? This is a done deal for me if it's ingame now.
Yes it's in game, had one take me out of the sky over Daymar this morning.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
No details about the three versions. I have to wonder if they will work automated, and if you can drop them in vacuum, like on an asteroid, and have them track and attack on their own. That would be extremely very cool, especially given decent radar. I don't get they're marking it as 2X Vehicle radar. So what happens to the 35 km range of an S7 torp? Not sure yet how this is used. Does it need to be fire linked to a ship with spotting ability?

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
No details about the three versions. I have to wonder if they will work automated, and if you can drop them in vacuum, like on an asteroid, and have them track and attack on their own. That would be extremely very cool, especially given decent radar. I don't get they're marking it as 2X Vehicle radar. So what happens to the 35 km range of an S7 torp? Not sure yet how this is used. Does it need to be fire linked to a ship with spotting ability?
They are manned vehicles, not automated. Though you might be able to use an AI instead of an actual player. No info on fire links to spotters yet, but there will be a clamor for them to hurry up with the rearming process, which I imagine will be an add on for another vehicle like the URSA or maybe a dedicated vehicle or trailer. With CIG, sometimes you have to push and prod. The 3 variants are the same vehicle, 2 of them with a 5 dollar premium on the paint job.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?