Anyone else excited about *when* not if, TEST finds a Bengal?

Haggle

Commander
Donor
Nov 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Haggle
We'd have to disable the shields and do it. Even then when Bengals are "wrecked" aren't they just scrap hull that can be repaired again. If that's the case it would be rather pointless.
We destroyed a Bengal with a bunch of auroras yaay! Now we have a husk sitting here waiting to be repaired... guess we better repair it again and fly it...
Semantics, repair it and throw it into a black hole :p Doing something so massively complicated and pointless will just spread the word about us.

Maxgerber5250

Grand Admiral
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt-Spicer
how about we fix it up TELL every one that we crashed it into a star, and keep it under lock and key till we need it. or you know that would be a very nice damage sink in a hot battle. hell we don`t care if it gets trashed. Right?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Semantics, repair it and throw it into a black hole :p Doing something so massively complicated and pointless will just spread the word about us.
According to the JJ Abrams Star Trek, a Black hole will simply let the ship time travel to the past leading to an alternate universe. Other Universe TEST Squadron will get a great new flagship and proceed to throw it back into the black hole to us. We'll pass it back and forth until one of us gets bored and then crashes it into the sun creating another black hole.

thedeadlybutter

Vice Admiral
Dec 2, 2014
RSI Handle
thedeadlybutters
Hey Guys,

these are really great, no, fabulous ideas on what to do with the Bengal. Here's the problem, all of them involve us actually loosing it. I'm not betting on the chances we'll find a 2nd anytime soon after, and I seriously doubt the other orgs would destroy that asset. So how do this both strategically and testically (fuck yeah I just made that word up and that shits fantastic).

Simple. FAKE IT!

We're propaganda experts, we can film some actual auroras flying into it. loadup and offline world and stage a scene, use visual effects, whatever it takes. In reality, we have Montoya (or someone) quietly fly it out into the middle of no where fucking space. You'll need a chain of god damn starfarers to reach this. But when the enemy declares war on us, we pull the card out from our sleeve, they'll never see this shit comin. (wait i just posted this on a public forum LOL OOPS)

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Hey Guys,

these are really great, no, fabulous ideas on what to do with the Bengal. Here's the problem, all of them involve us actually loosing it. I'm not betting on the chances we'll find a 2nd anytime soon after, and I seriously doubt the other orgs would destroy that asset. So how do this both strategically and testically (fuck yeah I just made that word up and that shits fantastic).

Simple. FAKE IT!

We're propaganda experts, we can film some actual auroras flying into it. loadup and offline world and stage a scene, use visual effects, whatever it takes. In reality, we have Montoya (or someone) quietly fly it out into the middle of no where fucking space. You'll need a chain of god damn starfarers to reach this. But when the enemy declares war on us, we pull the card out from our sleeve, they'll never see this shit comin. (wait i just posted this on a public forum LOL OOPS)
"Fake it".

In an org with intelligence holes so large, even a Stormtrooper can pilot a Death Star through them?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Hey Guys,

Simple. FAKE IT!

See the thing is, faking the destruction isn't enough to generate the needed tears to level the org up. What we have to do is destroy it and put out the video. Then we come back a few days later and say we faked it and have the other orgs keep looking for a ghost ship that we don't have while we look for the 2nd one. After we find THAT one then people think we control 2 of them and we level up.

Also if its in the middle of space, it'll probably be easy to scan down because of various factors related to exploration not to mention its size and signature.

"Fake it".

In an org with intelligence holes so large, even a Stormtrooper can pilot a Death Star through them?
Death Star 1 or 2? 2 was much bigger.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
See the thing is, faking the destruction isn't enough to generate the needed tears to level the org up. What we have to do is destroy it and put out the video. Then we come back a few days later and say we faked it and have the other orgs keep looking for a ghost ship that we don't have while we look for the 2nd one. After we find THAT one then people think we control 2 of them and we level up.

Also if its in the middle of space, it'll probably be easy to scan down because of various factors related to exploration not to mention its size and signature.

Death Star 1 or 2? 2 was much bigger.
Both of them. Banging into each other like a pair of testicles as they squeeze their way through that hole in the underwear.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I'm not really that excited on a personal level. It's a lot to babysit and going to be a TON of money to get up and running.

Not to mention it would paint a GIANT target on our backs.

But yeah yeah it's super powerful and awesome blah blah blah, I get it. It's just a lot of work as well.

I'll totally chip in for the upkeep and help defend it, but sign me the hell out of the Bengal Babysitting Battalion.

Reactions: Gucci

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I'm not really that excited on a personal level. It's a lot to babysit and going to be a TON of money to get up and running.

Not to mention it would paint a GIANT target on our backs.

But yeah yeah it's super powerful and awesome blah blah blah, I get it. It's just a lot of work as well.

I'll totally chip in for the upkeep and help defend it, but sign me the hell out of the Bengal Babysitting Battalion.
That shall be the official name of the group that will run our Bengal. The Bengal Babysitting Battalion, or BBB for short.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Didn't I hear somewhere that it would take 1200 trips with a single Reclaimer to utilize all of the raw materials in one Bengal? I cant find the post though.....
What do you think the master HULL series package is for...

thedeadlybutter

Vice Admiral
Dec 2, 2014
RSI Handle
thedeadlybutters
I dont think you guys understand how far I meant. nobody will ever scan for this:

besides montoya will park it somewhere, none of us will know!

even if we dont fake its death, the fact that we re-hid the damn thing after finding it

1) its a smalll fuck you (we found the treasure... and we're hiding it again)
2) secures the ship without needing 24/7 patrol and reduces all risk of insider threat (montoya would need to tell you where it is, and you'd need to get a small army of fuel transporters and explorers to reach it)
3) I can smell the propaganda "Join TEST and hear the glorious story of the Lost Bengal"
4) In the event TEST has a large scale war with another org, we have arguably one of the most powerful assets in the game, ready for surprise attack.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I dont think you guys understand how far I meant. nobody will ever scan for this:

even if we dont fake its death, the fact that we re-hid the damn thing after finding it

1) its a smalll fuck you (we found the treasure... and we're hiding it again)
2) secures the ship without needing 24/7 patrol and reduces all risk of insider threat (montoya would need to tell you where it is, and you'd need to get a small army of fuel transporters and explorers to reach it)
3) I can smell the propaganda "Join TEST and hear the glorious story of the Lost Bengal"
4) In the event TEST has a large scale war with another org, we have arguably one of the most powerful assets in the game, ready for surprise attack.
Again, we have holes in our opsec the size of a death star. Any kind of clandestine actions would be very difficult and require keeping nearly everyone in the dark.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Again, we have holes in our opsec the size of a death star. Any kind of clandestine actions would be very difficult and require keeping nearly everyone in the dark.
The irony...

Reactions: Pandoz

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
if we can't destroy our first Bengal, then second best would be to use it to rain copious tears down on other orgs

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
Im super keen and ill hapilly help rebuild one. youll find me in the bathroom keeping myself busy

Truthwatcher

Commander
Oct 31, 2015
RSI Handle
Truthwatcher
If we cannot destroy it, I say we blatantly use it in a way that will annoy all others. With that in mind I suggest using as the flagship of the Test Intergalactic Pub crawl. With it we shall drink all systems dry.

Systems will learn to fear our Bengal for totally different reasons, as it will signal the demise of their alcohol supplies.

Reactions: Reptar Khan

Darquesse

Space Marshal
May 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Darquesse
I look forward to WHEN some other org has all the Bnagals and we'll have to attack and capture them!

Pandoz

Grand Admiral
Mar 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Pandoz
TEST + OpSec = pipe dream...Never meant to be a military-esque/government modeled org.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
If not a sun, then we should pilot it into a black hole, turn it right after we reach the event horizon, and enjoy the show as it's ripped into a billion, trillion little pieces of spaghettified Bengal.

Or, we just bribe CIG to let us crash it into a star.

Reactions: rogesh

thedeadlybutter

Vice Admiral
Dec 2, 2014
RSI Handle
thedeadlybutters
I thought I made it pretty clear why this is a non-issue.

secures the ship without needing 24/7 patrol and reduces all risk of insider threat
Im being 100% serious, the only person who would ever know is Montoya.

Forgot your password?