Checking the Anvil Hurricane price bump thread be like

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
On the positive side: The delay gives more time to grab your old "? to Hurricane" CCU's from buyback to use in future chains with the added savings the price jump will provide.

I've been slowly converting mine from credit to "warbond" so if I end up not needing them they'll be available for trade in the future... Only 6 left to convert.

I do wish, though, that they'd let us know what the increae would be, so I can decide whether it's worth buying back a "Hurricane to Vulcan" CCU, or whether I should replace it in the chain with a "Constellation Taurus to Vulcan" CCU (The recent larger than expected jump of the Vulture on release makes me wonder whether the Vulcan may have a similar large jump).

Reactions: Ayeteeone and FZD

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Just an opinion - buying the CCU's back out is smart right now for playing Hangar Citizen, the game we all know and love here.

BUT!! this ship along with just about ALL the other fighters is "Buy In Game" for me. I've hung on to a Hawk for Live Bounties in the hope that gameplay will be fun, and everything else of interest is well covered by the Sentinel.

So for folks who don't have a bunch of CCU's to buy back, consider preserving your wallets and have a chuckle at the artificial outrage and panic on Spectrum. On second thought, ignore Spectrum and maybe go out for a coffee or a beer with a friend. Better for your mental health.

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
My guess is this happens today when they release the Xenothreat mission

Reactions: FZD

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
My guess is this happens today when they release the Xenothreat mission
Oh, that'd be nice. I think it might happen during IWL though.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Well I'll be.

lmao, I had two chains with
F7C-M (+$5, $15 discount) -> Hurricane (+$5, $15 discount) -> Defender
Now they're
F7C-M (+$5, $25 discount) -> Hurricane (+$5, $5 discount) -> Defender
hilarious!

Then one chain Hurricane (+$5) -> Vulcan (+$10) -> Terrapin which I can now replace with Hurricane (+$10) -> Terrapin
Saving me $5.

And just a loose F7C-M -> Hurricane CCU that's now pretty good with $25 savings.

Ah well, I wasn't expecting much to begin with.
I suppose there's now a chance I could grab like a Scorpious Warbond, or possibly Antares WB from Hurricane. So there's that. Not that they'd really fit in my chains, since I got like Terrapin (+$5, $35 discount) -> MSR, Railen (+$5, $30 discount) -> MSR and Vanguard Hoplite (+$15, $100 discount) -> Hull C. So as you can see, not really much room for manoeuvres there.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Well I'll be.

lmao, I had two chains with
F7C-M (+$5, $15 discount) -> Hurricane (+$5, $15 discount) -> Defender
Now they're
F7C-M (+$5, $25 discount) -> Hurricane (+$5, $5 discount) -> Defender
hilarious!

Then one chain Hurricane (+$5) -> Vulcan (+$10) -> Terrapin which I can now replace with Hurricane (+$10) -> Terrapin
Saving me $5.

And just a loose F7C-M -> Hurricane CCU that's now pretty good with $25 savings.

Ah well, I wasn't expecting much to begin with.
I suppose there's now a chance I could grab like a Scorpious Warbond, or possibly Antares WB from Hurricane. So there's that. Not that they'd really fit in my chains, since I got like Terrapin (+$5, $35 discount) -> MSR, Railen (+$5, $30 discount) -> MSR and Vanguard Hoplite (+$15, $100 discount) -> Hull C. So as you can see, not really much room for manoeuvres there.
That Hurricane - Terrapin was the only "loss" for me as well: I bought it at Invictus last year as a Warbond, too (Some of my other "Hurricane-X" CCu's are barely holding in, with $5 savings). Now I'll need to melt it and rebuy before applying to get an extra $5 in my credit balance.

On the down side, I had been expecting the price change to be at Invictus, so hadn't "upgraded" all my Constellation Taurus - Hurricane CCU's from credit to cash versions.

Forgot your password?