Coni A or Retaliator?

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Keep the Connie. The Tali is a nice ship, but it's really built for one job: blowing the shit out of things. Sure, it can fit modules to pinch hit on other occupations, but it's a very focused craft. The Connie, on the other hand, is an extremely versatile craft. It might not have the sheer offensive capability of the Retaliator, but it's a better explorer and cargo handler and is still very capable of taking care of itself.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I'll be the oddball and said Tali. I just hate everything about the Connie. It bothers me for some reason.

But an Andromeda is much more functional.

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
You can always buy the CCU and not apply it, they cost the same $275.
Make the final decision later.
But I agree with most about keeping the Connie.

Devastat3

Grand Admiral
Apr 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Devastat3
It should come down to whatever you will feel like doing once the game launches... weigh in the roles of both and make your decision.. if you cant come up with one then...

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I have to vote for Connie as well, you have more pilot controlled weapons and need less crew to be combat ready compared to a Retaliator.

If you plan on being on a bomber wing or plan to use the troop transport mod then the Retaloator would be great

Reactions: Carlos Spicyweiner

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
What do you guys think? Should I keep my LTI Constellation Andromeda or upgrade it to a Retaliator?
I've had my 'Tali for 6 months now, and I can remember getting ONE torpedo kill, and even with the turrets fully manned it's hard to get any real firepower concentrated on a target long enough to kill it. A little harder to kill than say, a Super Hornet, but I'm beginning to think it's going to be good only for pumping torpedoes into big ships and running away. I get better results against fighters with the Connie.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
What do you guys think? Should I keep my LTI Constellation Andromeda or upgrade it to a Retaliator?
Hey, I can you tell that: I've bought the Talli (for upgrading her lateron to the Carrack as soon as she is available), tested her and so on - well, long story short: its a real magnificent looking ship, and HUGE - but also lame within gameplay currently. And definitely you need a crew at least of captain + 4 (real life) mates if you don't want to be blown outta space! And lateron, you will be bound on military groups (or kind of) and act in strategic focussed combat missions with no way to do something on your own. You like that and have a bunch of bros who fly with you at any time? Go ahead, fucking awesome ship! You want to have an allrounder which you can, if necessary, steer on your own and - perhaps with one NPC - can operate successfully even in exploring missions? The Connie is your ship of choice.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I guess this is as good a place as any to ask this: If I melt My 'Tali for store credits and get a Redeemer, do I still get to play with the 'Tali until the Redeemer is flight ready?

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Well, I melted most of my hangar, and CCUd my Cutlass package into a Connie Aquila. I mean it has a Rover and stuff.....

Mr. Irish

Captain
Apr 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Irishjoe
It should come down to whatever you will feel like doing once the game launches... weigh in the roles of both and make your decision.. if you cant come up with one then...
Because I'm not made of money.... (and I bought a vive...)

Edit: Also, how much was the Carrack btw?

Forgot your password?