Coronavirus COVID-19 Thread

Cool-Hand-Luke

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Cool-Hand-Luke
The sponge on a stick works pretty well..... but the scraper bit takes some practice.

The gompf stick
spongestick.jpg

The gompf stick is a very basic cleaning method that dates back to the Middle Ages. The stick would sit in a pail in the bathroom and, to put it bluntly, the gompf would be used to scrape off the stubborn bits. Sometimes, a sponge would be attached, or it would be splayed at one end to improve functionality.

Cool-Hand-Luke

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Cool-Hand-Luke
Seriously now. I live in the great North West USA hot zone and next few weeks and maybe months are going to be a challenge.
Friends, family and neighbors are are little scared and little freaked out.
Social distancing... what it means... and how thats practiced.... is the new hot topic.
Schools are closed now. Some stores are closing at the mall and the local 24 hour walmart is now open during the day and closed at night for restocking and cleaning / disinfecting.
Anything that you can use to disinfect with... or wipe your ass with.... is impossible to find.
But for the most part, everyone I talk too has prepared pretty well and I honestly think we will get through this.
My family and I are currently working on boosting our immune systems....
Supplements... and we have learned that our home sauna can be used to elevate body temperature to kill viruses.
If you have any immune boosting advice we would like to hear what you have to say.
Thanks and Cheers.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Supplements... and we have learned that our home sauna can be used to elevate body temperature to kill viruses.
If you have any immune boosting advice we would like to hear what you have to say.
I just want to say, regularity is important to maintain, but shortage of butt wipe can be an impediment to that. For butt wipe, you can use paper towel, or any uncoated paper including newsprint. If you're not allergic to leaves and grass, those can be used too. The only degradation is comfort. Oh yea, women usually cringe but I assure you people did OK with natural materials for a few hundred thousand years before toilet paper. Ball it up while your business is completed to make it softer.

Such things go into the trash after use or buried in the lawn, not the toilet unless you want to host a plumber for a while, and seemingly pay for his kids college education. What a weird thing for people to be hoarding.

You can probably also cut down on the junk (processed) food your family consumes, and concentrate on protein and fats, nuts, fruit and berries. Unsalted Nuts, fresh fruits and berries is what our bodies were created to consume.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Such things go into the trash after use or buried in the lawn, not the toilet unless you want to host a plumber for a while, and seemingly pay for his kids college education. What a weird thing for people to be hoarding.
This explains why all the bin lorries suddenly stink to high hell of human excrement. Panic buying inadvertently puts public refuse collections out of action due to all the collection staff getting dysentery.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
For those of you still on the hunt for hand sanitizer:
BRAKE CLEANER SPRAY! Only the highly flammable versions though, those are usually full of alcohol, just like the sanitizers. Do use some hand cream after using it, cos it will do a number on your skin.
So pop down to your local autostore and check the label, you might be in luck!
Ps contact cleaners for elekchiken use could work, but those are usually much less concentrated so not a great choice.

As for loo paper, you could turn 50 shades of grey into brown...

Last edited:

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Guys, Knax just saved us all. He said they sell RV toilet paper at Wal-Mart (The kind that has to be able to disintegrate) in the sporting goods section, and it was relatively untouched where the normal stuff was completely out. Ill ask him if he has a paypal account so you can send him a minimum donation of 100$ for that advice.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Guys, Knax just saved us all. He said they sell RV toilet paper at Wal-Mart (The kind that has to be able to disintegrate) in the sporting goods section, and it was relatively untouched where the normal stuff was completely out. Ill ask him if he has a paypal account so you can send him a minimum donation of 100$ for that advice.
Hahahha, thanks Knax!

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
So, I've been wondering about the constitutionality of the possibility of lockdowns and the forceful closure of businesses and the like. I ran across this article on the googles that gives us a pretty good idea. Apparently the power doesn't lie with the federal government, but the states. So if we do see any blanket stay at home quarantine orders, we can expect to see it as a state by state thing declared by the governors or even the counties with the authority of the governor, unless theres something im missing regarding the powers of the federal government. These were all questions raised during the Ebola outbreak. It's an interesting read.

https://verdict.justia.com/2014/10/08/containing-ebola-quarantine-constitution

Also some interesting stuff from the French Health Authorities. Do not take NSAIDS with this virus.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/anti-inflammatory-drugs-may-aggravate-coronavirus-infection

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
So, I've been wondering about the constitutionality of the possibility of lockdowns and the forceful closure of businesses and the like. I ran across this article on the googles that gives us a pretty good idea. Apparently the power doesn't lie with the federal government, but the states. So if we do see any blanket stay at home quarantine orders, we can expect to see it as a state by state thing declared by the governors or even the counties with the authority of the governor, unless theres something im missing regarding the powers of the federal government. These were all questions raised during the Ebola outbreak. It's an interesting read.

https://verdict.justia.com/2014/10/08/containing-ebola-quarantine-constitution

Also some interesting stuff from the French Health Authorities. Do not take NSAIDS with this virus.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/anti-inflammatory-drugs-may-aggravate-coronavirus-infection
My family are already taking steps to isolate ourselves because my wife is immunocompromised and diabetic, but one of our kids currently works in a nursery school. She's starting a new job next week, and her new employer has already told her they have implemented a policy of 6 foot separation between employees. I find it a little odd that companies are doing things to protect their employees, without real state or federal guidance.

Also just to make this a perfect storm, I am allergic to Acetaminophen, and the reaction is anaphylactic. I wear a medic alert which includes that information, because the hospital nurses gave me Tylenol while I was in a coma once - even though the allergy was recorded in my patient history. When I reacted to it, well lets just say I'm glad I wasn't conscious. It doesn't sound like it would have been fun to be me.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
The sponge on a stick works pretty well..... but the scraper bit takes some practice.

The gompf stick
View attachment 15199

The gompf stick is a very basic cleaning method that dates back to the Middle Ages. The stick would sit in a pail in the bathroom and, to put it bluntly, the gompf would be used to scrape off the stubborn bits. Sometimes, a sponge would be attached, or it would be splayed at one end to improve functionality.
lol, "for stubborn bits..."

I don't know about you, but for my "stubborn bits" I'd need to wrap that thing in some 80 grit sandpaper!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I don't know about you, but for my "stubborn bits" I'd need to wrap that thing in some 80 grit sandpaper!
Miralax my friend, or one of the generic ones made with a similar formula. It makes the stubborn bits sticky, but pliable. Uh... it also has the capacity of removing any remaining flavor from water. I used juices to fix that issue, but it's amazing how much flavor it can remove from something like orange juice.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Interesting read:

Forgot your password?