Dark Matter... A Firefly Reboot? [spoilers inside spoilers]

Groundstain

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Groundstain
Ok, I watched Dark Matter tonight and I liked the premise.
http://www.syfy.com/darkmatter
6 people wake up on a starship with no memory of who they are and an android that originally wants to kill them. They spend the episode searching for who they are and why they have so many weapons on board. Ending in a cool mind fuck.
I saw a common theme in the characters that overlapped with the beloved Firefly. Especially in the warrior and the psychic. I'd like to hear what others who have seen it think about it.

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Looks like something I need to go check out... But I doubt anything will ever truly replace Firefly.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast

Might check this out... thanks for the inspiration....

And as I look on Amazon to see if they have this show to watch with prime or purchase I find out....

It's based off the book by Joseph Mallozzi and Garry Brown called the same Dark Matter. Book 1 is called Rebirth and was published in 2012...

HMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Watched it and it does leave you wanting more. Damn cliffhanger episodes... I'm not sure if I'm gonna like the series yet or not... guess we'll have to wait and see.

Trogdor

Admiral
Donor
Dec 30, 2014
RSI Handle
Trogdortheburninator
I think if they keep up with developing the characters it has to be a SG-1 military type scifi show but darker closer to BSG which was epic. But from what I have seen still maintain that SG humor.

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Very hard to say where it will go based on the first episode... It left off with more questions than answers... But it does look somewhat promising so looking forward to the next few episodes to see if they do develop on the characters more.

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
Trailer looks interesting enough, I will probably give it a go once I'm done with Orange is the new Black

Trogdor

Admiral
Donor
Dec 30, 2014
RSI Handle
Trogdortheburninator
I mean its almost verbatim from the comic the creators said they will cover all four issues in the first two episodes and then completely new territory from there kind of pumped.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Watched the first episode yesterday.

All I can say is.. Please do not mess this up!

A good space opera is so rare to find these days!

shadowvinez

Rear Admiral
May 30, 2015
RSI Handle
vinez
Watched the first episode yesterday.

All I can say is.. Please do not mess this up!

A good space opera is so rare to find these days!
so true and I would say we are about due for one its been a long time since we have seen a decent one or any one for that matter

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
so true and I would say we are about due for one its been a long time since we have seen a decent one or any one for that matter
Even if it is good, for some reason they do not get the viewers they need and the show gets canceled, to be replaced with re-runs of ghost hunters or HoneyBooboo.

Czechmate

Admiral
Feb 16, 2015
RSI Handle
Czechmate8
It's Syfy. Of course they're going to mess it up... If it doesn't involve wrestling, melodrama, or tornado propelled sharks it'll eventually devolve into one of the three.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
It's Syfy. Of course they're going to mess it up... If it doesn't involve wrestling, melodrama, or tornado propelled sharks it'll eventually devolve into one of the three.
Thank goodness we have Star Citizen coming, so we can make our own soap opera.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'd watch this, if my computer would unfuck itself and actually play the damn show. I'm very curious based off people's posts.

Forgot your password?