Dark Matter... A Firefly Reboot? [spoilers inside spoilers]

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Well, they're gonna double down on this with Killjoys this weekend. I guess they are just throwing both on the wall to see what sticks.
http://www.syfy.com/killjoys

The trailer has my attention... space bounty hunters and scantly clad women using their bodies as a weapon/tool.... But hopefully it is like Dark Matter with a group of writers who pay attention to detail and not just... well..space bounty hunters and scantly clad women using their bodies as a weapon/tool.

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Going to have to watch this tonight while catching up on other things. SyFy has been doing a decent job with Defiance so hopefully they can make this great. I'm also excited for The Expanse even though I never read the book.

EDIT:

Finished first episode just now and I'm on board. Can't wait for the next episode. Also Killjoys this Friday looks interesting.

Last edited:

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Just finished catching up on KillJoys and Dark Matter.. and not only am I on board; but I am already wondering when the cross-over episode is going to happen.

Killjoys sign up for a bounty of the Dark Matter Crew.... ohhh yeah.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Love the first two episodes so far except for the slightly suicidal do-goody guy :P Better than Killjoys imo.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Love the first two episodes so far except for the slightly suicidal do-goody guy :p Better than Killjoys imo.
SPOILERish --->

I have a hard time believing he is a criminal as listed on his record.... Just to much goody-two-shoes for some stone hard criminal or at least someone with a record...... just saying.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard

Haven't seen these newer shows, but I am definitely looking forward to The Expanse.

Last edited:

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix

Haven't seen these newer shows, but I am definitely looking forward to The Expanse.
Wow, so many new science fiction series on SyFy this year, that actually look decent... And here I was thinking it was the wrestling with ghosts channel...

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Love the first two episodes so far except for the slightly suicidal do-goody guy :p Better than Killjoys imo.
I'm liking them both pretty well. For some reason I tend to like things Shawn Ashmore is in.

So far my favorite summer shows are Halt and Catch Fire, Dark Matter, Killjoys, True Detective and Mr. Robot. The Expanse is coming soon and another half season of Suits.

Reactions: o-BHG-o

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
I'm liking them both pretty well. For some reason I tend to like things Shawn Ashmore is in.

So far my favorite summer shows are Halt and Catch Fire, Dark Matter, Killjoys, True Detective and Mr. Robot. The Expanse is coming soon and another half season of Suits.
This ^

Forgot your password?