Does anyone know what the cap on my Hornet Ghost is a placeholder for?

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I have a Hornet Ghost. It is a nice ship, I have three Tarantulas and a Flashfire with a Ballistic Combi Cannon on it. When I hit I leave a mark. :)

However with Item 2.0, according to the new guides that came with the Ship Matrix, the nose gun is gone and can only mount the chin turret with 2 size 1 guns on it. Though it appears that if I mount the Ball Turret on top I can put two size 3 guns on that.

The question becomes what is that cap which is listed as a "place holder" supposed to be? Does anyone know?
If I mount the Ball Turret do I lose all my stealth capabilities?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Trust in the ship matrix and you will never become disappointed again.

Because you will always be disappointed, so you won't have to suffer becoming disappointed.

When your destination is your starting point, put your feet up!

Last edited:

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I have a Ghost in my buyback from when I got a Cutlass instead, do you think I should get it back at some point?

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I have a Ghost in my buyback from when I got a Cutlass instead, do you think I should get it back at some point?
My thought is that depends entirely on what that cap is. If the cap is not replaceable with a turret, or if it loses the stealth without the cap, then no, the Sabre is a better choice.

The Ghost will be limited to 2 size 3 and 2 size 1. If you aren't looking for stealth then the Super Hornet is now a much better choice than either the Ghost or the Sabre.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I'm not super up to date on the Hornet nose guns, but I could have sworn they were removed when the canard turret was added in ages ago, and for a long time before that they were bugged (wouldn't regenerate power, so you fired like 3 shots and that was it). Even during the "Omnisky VI boating balance fiasco" there were only 6 of them. (christ what an awful time to play Arena Commander)

And I believe the eventual plan is to let the Ghost mount the ball turret and Flashfire S4 turret replacement, but I don't follow the Hornet nearly as religiously as other ships.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I'm not super up to date on the Hornet nose guns, but I could have sworn they were removed when the canard turret was added in ages ago, and for a long time before that they were bugged (wouldn't regenerate power, so you fired like 3 shots and that was it). Even during the "Omnisky VI boating balance fiasco" there were only 6 of them. (christ what an awful time to play Arena Commander)

And I believe the eventual plan is to let the Ghost mount the ball turret and Flashfire S4 turret replacement, but I don't follow the Hornet nearly as religiously as other ships.
The new ship rules, to go with the new matrix, says where there is a turret, it is turret or nothing. The Ghost can mount the canard, but it doesn't come with one. The ability to mount a single size 3 instead of the Canard, is gone.

Now the Wildfire does not list the ability to mount the canard or a nose gun but does have the same top turret as the Super Hornet.

The Hornet, Tracker and Ghost do not have a top turret listed as an option but do list the Canard as an option.

The Super Hornet has a bigger Canard Turret and the Ball Turret.

And in 2.6 there is no issue with a nose gun on the hornet or ghost.

Reactions: Bambooza

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The new ship rules, to go with the new matrix, says where there is a turret, it is turret or nothing. The Ghost can mount the canard, but it doesn't come with one. The ability to mount a single size 3 instead of the Canard, is gone.

Now the Wildfire does not list the ability to mount the canard or a nose gun but does have the same top turret as the Super Hornet.

The Hornet, Tracker and Ghost do not have a top turret listed as an option but do list the Canard as an option.

The Super Hornet has a bigger Canard Turret and the Ball Turret.

And in 2.6 there is no issue with a nose gun on the hornet or ghost.
I can't make sense of this. Will have to wait for 3.0 and see it in the flesh.

Forgot your password?