Other Education programs and division

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
So since we have taken a stance to help new people, and as this game gains more and more in popularity there will be many new people. So are we going to have a branch of TEST devoted solely to the organization and ease of accessibility to training content for players?
While each subsection of TEST will more than likely be willing to help and show new people the ropes of that specialization, should there not also be a focused group to provide information and training on each of the areas in a more localized manner. Give players a training system basically they can go to, and attend classes that are set up by TESTies that specialize in a skill-set to give an intro to that profession, as well as answer any questions that may be had. As well as General Education classes provided to cover basics (economy, ships, systems, fitting, travel, ROE, etc). There can also be the tie-in to our youtube videos and wiki information provided and updated by this group, or at least shared out in an easily digestible format for newcomers.

Having a specific groups who's main focus is to create, schedule, and provide educational content will help not only draw in new people to our fun loving drunkards group, but will also give us a higher quality standard of members than most other corps. Simply put we will have more pilots and better training than anyone else out there (at least to start with).

I searched and didn't find any threads about this subject, and I wasn't sure if this was better suited to Logistics or Professions. I hope this is the right place, I just want to help better provide a brighter future for our group.

Per Eruditio, Ebrius Vis

Reactions: TheZekk

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
Indeed, and I read that one. Though that seemed more specific on training people now to fly/fight so once the game is out we don't get our faces crushed. Which is 110% valid and important. I was focusing on a more long-term PU based division.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Indeed, and I read that one. Though that seemed more specific on training people now to fly/fight so once the game is out we don't get our faces crushed. Which is 110% valid and important. I was focusing on a more long-term PU based division.
I think people are gonna play things by ear in TEST, and when we develop enough understanding, we'll end up writing guides for our TEST buddies.

TheZekk

Space Marshal
Mar 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Zekk
I think people are gonna play things by ear in TEST, and when we develop enough understanding, we'll end up writing guides for our TEST buddies.
I think he has a valid idea. A TEST academy could allow people an in-universe hands on method of learning from experienced players.

I'd be glad to offer my assistance and multi crew ships to help train future TEST bridge officers.

Reactions: Op4ArcticFox

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Just remember, CIG plans on giving us the ability to run our own private servers, so using priv servers for academy training is a better option, and lower risk.

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
Just remember, CIG plans on giving us the ability to run our own private servers, so using priv servers for academy training is a better option, and lower risk.
I had completely forgotten about that. That is an excellent point, for most class types anyways it would be a good environment for training people. At least for most of the things we can show them. Probably have both "private server" and Public PU groups so we can cover a broader audience and bring in more players to TEST.

I really just wanted to know there is the framework set up so once we have the ability to have this kind of org we can hit the ground running and set it up. Bringing in willing experienced players as they basically start to exist. I am also banking on a flood of completely new to SC people once the game "ships" the main PU. So having an inviting and safe place to bring people curious about the game, and show them how to better play, and then have other areas of TEST they can go to and practice their wanted profession. I think will lead to better player engagement and longer, more reliable commitment of people to keep playing and keep having fun.

Just my two cents/view. I'd really like to see TEST not only be the most sought group in the game, but one of the highest skill caliber as well.

Forgot your password?