Gentlemen PREPARE your wallets

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Friday can't get here soon enough. Alternately, Friday will arrive too soon... for my wallet.

Reactions: Civil Hypocricy

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
What if Valve skipped HL3 and just released HL4 instead? I think the gaming community would heave multiple simultaneous heart attacks and then start theory crafting the shit out of it.
Well, that appears to be exactly what Microsoft will be doing with Windows 10. Of course, people actually liked HL2 and subsequent episodes, which can't really be said of Windows 8...

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
Like everything these days, you just need to wait for the patch. Windows 8.1 is a good OS. My personal preferences just require a little tweaking here and there, but as far as stability and application support, I can't find a problem. I don't see why everyone is always bitching all the time about it.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
$150 - which now sounds like a really good deal
It's either going to be the return of the Idris-P (oh lawds yes) or it's going to be a concept sale for the previously mentioned true Corvette-class, meaning somewhat bigger than the Origin 890 Jump.

The former is probably more likely, but we can't rule out a brand new big ship going on sale since Ben specifically mentioned $1,000+ ships will always come with LTI...and why would he bring that up right before the Anniversary Sale? *wink, wink*

Seriously, the speculation is making me bonkers! I love it. :D

Actually that is a good point. If it happened that the Corvette is unveiled and it's hull limited (and is in very short supply), would we be okay with Montoya using the Idris-P fund to purchase it, or should he hold on and make sure it's only spent on an Idris-P?

But yeah, 2 year insurance is a great idea. It's going to cause a lot of people who've joined since last year (who don't currently have LTI) to re-melt their pledges, ships, and packages to take advantage of the new "extended warranty" and possibly upgrade the ships they have to something better (or a limited time ship). All the while making sure they avoid pissing the backers off if they offered LTI again. Seems like a great middle ground. Now the issue is deciding which I would like more... a Banu MM or a Starfarer.... Damn....

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Actually that is a good point. If it happened that the Corvette is unveiled and it's hull limited (and is in very short supply), would we be okay with Montoya using the Idris-P fund to purchase it, or should he hold on and make sure it's only spent on an Idris-P?

But yeah, 2 year insurance is a great idea. It's going to cause a lot of people who've joined since last year (who don't currently have LTI) to re-melt their pledges, ships, and packages to take advantage of the new "extended warranty" and possibly upgrade the ships they have to something better (or a limited time ship). All the while making sure they avoid pissing the backers off if they offered LTI again. Seems like a great middle ground. Now the issue is deciding which I would like more... a Banu MM or a Starfarer.... Damn....
If they do show off a Corvette I would say go for it personally

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
What if Valve skipped HL3 and just released HL4 instead? I think the gaming community would heave multiple simultaneous heart attacks and then start theory crafting the shit out of it.
I'll try and find the quote, however Gabe already confirmed that Halflife 2: Episode 1 and 2 were already what we would consider "Hlaflife 3". Chances are high that he would, indeed, release 4, if only to spite the interwebs :P

On topic, I think I'll likely pick up a Carrack as well as Avenger variants. Other than that, I'm pretty much good. Still need to pick up my Reclaimer, but I'll grey market it. Trying not to overbuy, so picking up 1 ship per application;
-Redeemer is general purpose combat/mercenary/bounty hunting/pirating ship
-Avenger(+whatever Variant) for a single seater
-Carrack for exploration
-Reclaimer for salvage ops

Only one I don't really need is a cargo ship, not big into the whole merchant thing. If anything, maybe a Hull C for smugglin.

Atriden

Captain
Aug 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Atriden
ohh god... this sale is going to ruin me ! I recently spent 265dollars on the Redeemer... Damn you CIG :) !

Forgot your password?