Gettin' in the mood til I can play regularly

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
Just started watching the 04 remake of battlestar galactica again, never finished it the first time around. Man I wish I could fly like that in the game, but I doubt my skill level will ever get that good (aside from the combat landing/controlled crashes, they had some enviable landing as well). I think when I finish watching this I'll rewatch the episodes of the expanse until the new season comes out. Anyone else got any good shows they recommend that get them excited for SC?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I was about to say Cowboy Bebop but then saw your avatar and remembered our previous conversation.

Red Dwarf was good if you've never seen it, Patric Steward was interviewed and said it made him laugh which is praise indeed.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Space: above and beyond, for the it's a better representation of Wing Commander games than the official movie was lol. So, space shooty shooty pretty much :D

The Expanse for the guild/corp drama/realisticish flight.

Firefly for the pirate life coaching/freelancer style, and fun adventures on the shadier side of the law.

The Orville, for the exploration, diplomacy, and the closest thing to great Star Trek you can find since DS9

Also, SG:Atlantis has a bunch of space action compared to SG1, and it should last you a while :D
And ofc Deep Space Nine. It's not exactly a space-shooter, but it has quiet a few action episodes, great characters, and loads of episodes lol

BSG was amazing.
I even liked the "weird stuff" in the later seasons that most ppl didn't. Watched all the tie-in movies and even Caprica, although I found it cool for other reasons. It's one of those shows that I don't dare rewatch as I'm afraid I might find it worse than I remember it lol

Forgot your password?