Good Old Days

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Odd fixes lol.

I received an email once (from a scientist with a Ph.D.) that read: "Why can't this software do what I want it to do when I want to do it?" No explanation was given for what they wanted. Cool.

Instead of responding immediately, I put an ESP button on the screen. It went through all sorts of fake imaginary synapse connection attempts, then said:
"Connection failed. Item with name "Skull" must be removed."
"In the mean time, please feel free to send a detailed email about your request to the project management team."

That was almost 20 years ago. I visited the same customer just before the pandemic lockdowns. They had updated the software a few times since then, but that piece of code was still in the program, along with a comment:
// RIGHT ON! Keep this for new versions until notified to remove

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Well since we are in the IT team (@Vavrik that is amazing...) a few month ago I was on site to a client and my colleague (network admin) and he received an email from a 3rd part sw supplier of the client that state something that was like:
" we cant reach our software web page from the server, that because of the connection firewall, please add the exclusions for the following addresses:
- 127.0.0.1/blablabla/yaddayaddayadda/...
- 127.0.0.1/blablabla2/yaddayaddayadda2/...
- 127.0.0.1/blablabla3/yaddayaddayadda3/...
"

Unfortunatly that mail wasn't directed to me because I'll have replyed in a more... ehm... colorful way then my colleague

(solution)
For the non tecnical guys 127.0.0.1 is a localhost address... besically the pc/server itself so if a server can't reach itself is "kinda hard" to solve the problem whit a rule in the perimetral firewall...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
For the GLORY of TEST! As I'm not a code maker the most I've done is hide my name in spreadsheets I make so if anyone steals them I can prove they're mine. Where do I hide it? Cell 80,085 of course, gotta remember where you left it!

Last edited:

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
LOL perhaps one day when they fix the 30009 error preventing many of our access to the menu we might experience this Star Citizen you all talk about.
Sounds magical...
:o7:

Forgot your password?