Headcount for Citizencon hotel group

How much are you looking to spend on a hotel? (per night)

• Total voters

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
so here's an idea: if we got 10 rooms for 5 nights at around 120 a night times 10 people that's $6000. but if we get a house that fits 10 people for the same amount of time its $2517 making the price per person per day 41.95. Hell even if half of the people canceled and it was $84 or we did 5 people per house we would still save money.
This assumes that the house is still standing at the end of it.

Reactions: Knax

dethos

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jan 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Helphyre
I will be Going ...Unless I'm Dead. Single for Me since I SNORE......no really...I shake Walls

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
UPDATE

So I spoke with the sales manager at the hotel and she basically said all we need are 5 rooms booked on Friday and Saturday to get the group rate and the latest we can book is Sept 15. So it doesn't matter when you show up or leave as long as we have those two nights covered.

As far as the air BNB is concerned I don't think that particular one will be around but we could always find another one. I'm going to edit the poll to see if we're leaning more towards the hotel or house.

Finally, I heard back from concierge. They basically don't know when tickets are going to go on sale and as far as the tour is concerned, it "would be a stretch and unlikely" but to check back once tickets go on sale to find out for sure so don't get your hopes up kids.

Last edited:

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
UPDATE

So I spoke with the sales manager at the hotel and she basically said all we need are 5 rooms booked on Friday and Saturday to get the group rate and the latest we can book is Sept 15. So it doesn't matter when you show up or leave as long as we have those two nights covered.

As far as the air BNB is concerned I don't think that particular one will be around but we could always find another one. I'm going to edit the poll to see if we're leaning more towards the hotel or house.

Finally, I heard back from concierge. They basically don't know when tickets are going to go on sale and as far as the tour is concerned, it "would be a stretch and unlikely" but to check back once tickets go on sale to find out for sure so don't get your hopes up kids.
Additionally, if you find a place around North Hollywood, the Metro Red Line (subway) will drop you off around the corner from the Avalon, making it a cheap and easy way to get to and from the venue, regardless of your level of inebriation.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Additionally, if you find a place around North Hollywood, the Metro Red Line (subway) will drop you off around the corner from the Avalon, making it a cheap and easy way to get to and from the venue, regardless of your level of inebriation.
Very good point!

Reactions: Nightrider

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
Hot tub !!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
UPDATE

My girlfriend says there's a decent all-night Dennys right next to the hotel, but it's a very busy street. It's also a bit farther away from the event than the Mikado, but if I could get a ride from someone I would appreciate it.

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
Don't forget to vote on if you would rather a hotel or bnb! Also as far as distance goes, with the money we save we should definitely be able to afford some type of group transport.

fastcart

Captain
Donor
Mar 3, 2016
RSI Handle
fastcart
Don't forget to vote on if you would rather a hotel or bnb! Also as far as distance goes, with the money we save we should definitely be able to afford some type of group transport.
I didn't notice the poll was multiple choice. I only voted for the money amount. Thanks for the reminder.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I just want a cheap place to crash on the floor and take a shower

I will have my SUV and can be a designated driver

Doozie

Rear Admiral
Donor
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Doozie
Sorry I laughed enough at your first option I voted even though I'm not going! :D

darjanator

TEST Master Brewer
Jan 18, 2015
RSI Handle
darjanator
I'm thinking about going, but after seeing the airfare prices, I'd be happy to sleep on someone's floor. :/

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
I plan to buy a ticket to go, just someplace close to a walkable bar would be nice

Nightrider

Media Propaganda Czar
Jul 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Nightrider
Voted

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
Tickets go on sale tomorrow for subscribers and Friday for everyone else. Once we know who's going for sure if you're interested in staying with the group x up here so I can get a realistic head count and I'll start making plans. If enough people sign up we can do both the bnb and the hotel for those interested.

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
how many tickets do you think there will be? Will I have trouble getting one tomorrow ?

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Hell, if I can't get a ticket, there's a possibility of me just flying out to party with you guys. (wife allowing - haha :()
That's.... that's within my realm of possibility. And I don't have a wife to tell me no, either.

Reactions: PSIcoh and Knax

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
how many tickets do you think there will be? Will I have trouble getting one tomorrow ?
not sure how many though i think the venue was like 600 people, that could totally be wrong. if you're buying tomorrow id say theres a better chance to get one for sure but all i can say id set a reminder and get your f5 ready just in case.

Forgot your password?