Help me making the right choice.

Jun 9, 2016
RSI Handle
BlackBones
Hi guys!
Following problem: I really want to have the cutlass but I don't want to buy one for 100$ plus I want LTI.
The ship I would like to upgrade is my 325A which is the ship tied to my original gamepackage.
The thing is: it doesn't have LTI. The other option would be the avenger which has LTI(But I like my Avenger).

I am opting for a pirate/outlaw/bountyhunter character..(I am not a hundert percent sure about that yet).
What do you guys think? Shit on LTI? Shit on Avenger? Shit on Cutlass?

upload_2016-6-18_2-53-26.png

Attachments

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Last I heard, Cutlass was going through a major rework. It's very buggy and poorly optimized at the moment. When it's fixed, it should have more cargo and more guns than both the Titan and the Kore. When rework is done, it may look and function much differently.
Personally, I'd like to get one too but I'm waiting to see what the rework does to it. I have a Dragonfly in waiting to upgrade to it, or something else, to get LTI, though I'm still skeptical how valuable LTI will be when game comes out.

Jun 9, 2016
RSI Handle
BlackBones
Last I heard, Cutlass was going through a major rework. It's very buggy and poorly optimized at the moment. When it's fixed, it should have more cargo and more guns than both the Titan and the Kore. When rework is done, it may look and function much differently.
Personally, I'd like to get one too but I'm waiting to see what the rework does to it. I have a Dragonfly in waiting to upgrade to it, or something else, to get LTI, though I'm still skeptical how valuable LTI will be when game comes out.
Why so?

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Why am I skeptical about LTI?
It won't cover any modified components. Every other MMO I have played has quickly turned into a min-max game so I doubt anyone will want to be using base components for long. If you tinker with you shield or power plant, you will still need to get insurance on those. If you replace your size 3 gimballed pew pew with a size 4 dakka dakkka, the new gun is not covered by your lifetime insurance on the base ship.
That and every comment I've heard from CIG regarding LTI has been that insurance will not be difficult or expensive to attain. If it were, it would be a huge barrier to getting a new ship in game, which I expect will be one of the biggest motivation for making space bucks.
I'm not suggesting to not get LTI, especially while there is a relatively cheap way to do it now. Just saying that if the ship you want doesn't have LTI, that might not be that big of a deal.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
If it were, it would be a huge barrier to getting a new ship in game, which I expect will be one of the biggest motivation for making space bucks.
Exactly right. CIG wants players to own and insure multiple ships and components. If they price things too high, people will just respond by owning only a single ship that is well equipped. People will always want something "custom" that is tricked out in some manner and they will pay to be able to replace it if it gets destroyed.

Jun 9, 2016
RSI Handle
BlackBones
It won't cover any modified components. Every other MMO I have played has quickly turned into a min-max game so I doubt anyone will want to be using base components for long. If you tinker with you shield or power plant, you will still need to get insurance on those. If you replace your size 3 gimballed pew pew with a size 4 dakka dakkka, the new gun is not covered by your lifetime insurance on the base ship.
That and every comment I've heard from CIG regarding LTI has been that insurance will not be difficult or expensive to attain. If it were, it would be a huge barrier to getting a new ship in game, which I expect will be one of the biggest motivation for making space bucks.
I'm not suggesting to not get LTI, especially while there is a relatively cheap way to do it now. Just saying that if the ship you want doesn't have LTI, that might not be that big of a deal.
Thanks, very interesting point.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Lets hope for an S5 turret instead of the crappy S1 in the last design. That was why it never appealed to me--it did not have sufficient weapons for the job it's supposed to do, nor enough a reason to pay for the Blue over the Black. Yeah, a larger shield is nice, but Drake is supposed to be known for "guns, Guns, GUNS" on their ships. So where are they? If you can fit 2 S5 turrets on a Freelancer, you can put at least one on the Cutlass. IMHO, it ought to have 4 fixed S1, 1 S5 turret, and no missiles at all.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
you could get a dragonfly with lti for 35 dollars. cash in your 325a at 70 dollars, upgrade your dragonfly to the cutlass and have 5 bucks left for a piece of flair.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
yeah but my 325 is tied to my original game package so if i cash that in wouldn't i loose the package?
Yes. Yes you would loose the package. Keep the package, either upgrade it and to hell with LTI, or buy an upgrade for your Avenger, but keep it sitting in your hanger unused until such time as the Cutty rework is done.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
You could also posts thread in the marketplace, and ask if any TESTies have a cheap LTI package they're willing to either unmelt or part with. If you do that, then you can melt that 325 and use it to upgrade the new package to LTI.

That's the route I'd take myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 188Octane

188Octane

Sabre Addict
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
188Octane
Yes, but they will supposedly offer both component insurance and cargo insurance. LTI hull insurance means NEVER having to worry about getting a ship back.

you could get a dragonfly with lti for 35 dollars. cash in your 325a at 70 dollars, upgrade your dragonfly to the cutlass and have 5 bucks left for a piece of flair.
This is similar to what I'd recommend, get a DDF with LTI and CCU it when you're able to a Cutlass with LTI.

yeah but my 325 is tied to my original game package so if i cash that in wouldn't i loose the package?
I do believe that's correct. You could melt it and buy a grey market LTI package of a ship you want that has legacy alpha and all that. If you like your LTI Avenger, I would keep it and leave it untouched.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
the only other way to do it would cost you 65 dollars, you sell the 324A package at 70, get the aurora bundle with squadron 42 for 60, upgrade it to a dragonfly then upgrade the dragonfly to the cutlass.
Unfortunately it would cost you the 65 cash, but it would give you LTI

188Octane

Sabre Addict
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
188Octane
the only other way to do it would cost you 65 dollars, you sell the 324A package at 70, get the aurora bundle with squadron 42 for 60, upgrade it to a dragonfly then upgrade the dragonfly to the cutlass.
Unfortunately it would cost you the 65 cash, but it would give you LTI
If you upgrade a non-LTI ship to a Dragonfly now, it doesn't gain LTI. For your scenario to work, the Aurora + game package would need LTI and at that point, there's no need for the DDF as a middle step.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
As @daethwing188 said, you need a package with LTI to start with, each CCU only carries over the original ship components. Id suggest Reddit and hit the grey market there, LTI packages are only slightly above melt cost in most cases. Then youll always have your base ship covered.

As people have said additional insurance will be required in addition to LTI for upgrades to be covered but atleast with LTI you will never need to worry about losing your base ship and will minimise overall insurance costs with upgrades as the base ship is covered. I have thousands in this game so for me LTI is important but in game will be very affordable.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yeh I wanted to do exactly he same thing with different ships. I had an Aurora package non LTI. I wanted a freelancer Package with LTI.

Only way to do this is to melt the aurora package and buy a second hand freelancer package with LTI.

I was originally against this as I intended for CIG to have all my money to go towards actual game dev, but I deicide that I would buy LTI package off test squadron members as that way I could support fellow test squadron member who need to shift on packages or ships because of personal reasons, some testies were made homeless, some lost their jobs, or even worse, some ran out of beer and needed urgent beer money.

So that's what I did. And any upgrades I can then get straight from CIG as they will inherit the LTI from my test squadron freelancer LTI package.

So look out in the second hand forums for an LTI package and get that. Then melt you're original CIG package and spend it on more ships.

Forgot your password?