Hey lets have a fleet post eh?

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Fantastic ships folks! I would love to explore some of those capital sized/large ships. Probably spend some time in the brig due to dereliction of duties though.

I personally have a soft spot in my heart for the Perseus.

Mio Fujii

Commander
Donor
Sep 15, 2023
RSI Handle
Mio_Fujii
I had a BMM, but decided to go with something else since it didn't seem like it would be around for quite a while. I am also starting to look at it from the "how am I going to find enough people to man this ship", like I did with the Orion that I did want to get.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I love the Taurus. Had to CCU it unfortunately as it was absolutely unusable in that patch and I didn't have any patience, but it's on my list to require especially now the Tractor Beam is operational.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Finally got it about where I want it. Unless they unveil a "Gotta have it!" ship...
Interesting.
You have 4 freighters in the same general capacity range.

They're all the right size for carrying a ROC, or unloading the Vulture or Prospector, or resupplying the Vulcan, but is there a particular reason for four of them?

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Interesting.
You have 4 freighters in the same general capacity range.
The only 2 Freighters I see are the Spirit C1 and the Zeus Clipper.
The MSR is more a token for the serverblade hopefull and Star Wars noltalgic.
And the Drake Corsair... Who uses THAT for honest trading, ey matey?
All in all a great fleet for a Rock Raider.
Find it, smash it, bring home the loot! :o7:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
The only 2 Freighters I see are the Spirit C1 and the Zeus Clipper.
The MSR is more a token for the serverblade hopefull and Star Wars noltalgic.
And the Drake Corsair... Who uses THAT for honest trading, ey matey?
All in all a great fleet for a Rock Raider.
Find it, smash it, bring home the loot! :o7:
That does depend on your definition of "honest trading," how you intend to acquire your "trade goods" and being able to defend said goods. :)

Before the recent changes, so the Hull-C works, the cargo ships that were most efficeint to load were in the 60 to 120 CF range. Now, I haven't done any hauling recently, so I don't know the extent of changes. But that was the best sizes to land at an outpost, load up and take to a TDD, without having to make multiple stops for the best margins.

I suppose the Corsair is also listed as Exploration, and the MSR is also listed as data running, but they still appear to be, at their heart, trash haulers. :)

And, yes, they are all good at supporting mining operations, by delivering ground vehicles, and hauling away ore, since there is some mining equipment as well. The Corsair, and Odyssey should be capable of finding good places to turn big rocks into little rocks as well.

But the inclusion of those four ships caught my attention and interest. So I wasn't criticizing, I was curious as to the intent. 😀

For all I know, it could just be that @Zookajoe just likes the aesthetics. 😀

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
That does depend on your definition of "honest trading," how you intend to acquire your "trade goods" and being able to defend said goods. :)

Before the recent changes, so the Hull-C works, the cargo ships that were most efficeint to load were in the 60 to 120 CF range. Now, I haven't done any hauling recently, so I don't know the extent of changes. But that was the best sizes to land at an outpost, load up and take to a TDD, without having to make multiple stops for the best margins.

I suppose the Corsair is also listed as Exploration, and the MSR is also listed as data running, but they still appear to be, at their heart, trash haulers. :)

And, yes, they are all good at supporting mining operations, by delivering ground vehicles, and hauling away ore, since there is some mining equipment as well. The Corsair, and Odyssey should be capable of finding good places to turn big rocks into little rocks as well.

But the inclusion of those four ships caught my attention and interest. So I wasn't criticizing, I was curious as to the intent. 😀

For all I know, it could just be that @Zookajoe just likes the aesthetics. 😀

Okay, I had one of the wrong variants up there. Fixed it now. So, a Hauler, a Data Runner/Blockade Runner, a Exploration/Gunship (I mean, who we kidding?), and an Exploration ship.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Okay, I had one of the wrong variants up there. Fixed it now. So, a Hauler, a Data Runner/Blockade Runner, a Exploration/Gunship (I mean, who we kidding?), and an Exploration ship.
Stepping stone to another ship, spreading them out to use them in multiple systems, concern about claim timers and you just like the way they look would have all been acceptable answers. LOL.

Looking at my fleet I have both an Eclipse and a Retaliator. Why? I like the way they look. :) Though one is likely to, eventually, go away, I'm just not sure which one or to CCU to what. :)

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
I swear to God, if they release a Salvager the size of the Mole or Arrastra, I'll melt what's left of my fleet and live in that damn thing.

Ok, so maybe not my whole fleet, but I do want me some salvage love, ha.
A Reclaimer is only supposed to be a little bigger than an Arrastra, on Fleetview/starship42.com at least:
1702295107322.png

The Reclaimer is in need of a lot of interior rework, which I hope they leave until after Salvage has developed and matured more. But even in its current rough and dysfunctional state, the Reclaimer is an absolutely amazing ship design. I like it very much.

Forgot your password?