starstough

Lieutenant
Jul 17, 2020
RSI Handle
starstough
Where you from stranger?

I'm from Colorado. Born, raised, content etc

What drew you to Star Citizen?

This is the prettiest game I have ever played. Being immersed in actual Space through my computer is as close as I will probably ever get to escaping this planet.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)

I am not the best pilot, and I am not the best shot, but I highly enjoy attempting both piloting and shooting when I get to play. I also love exploration and mining. This game has made me laugh more than any other which is a nice bonus.

What was the first game you remember playing?

Oregon Trail, Lemonade Stand and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego during Computer Learning Time in elementary school... We didn't have a computer at home yet back then

What other games do you play?

If it isn't Star Citizen these days I am just playing Rocksmith trying to learn guitar, or Minecraft with my kids. I used to play a TON of WoW, and various Mario Bros games and Chronotrigger on a Rasp Pi :D

How did you first hear about Test Squadron and what convinced you to join?

A friend sang your praises and encouraged me to check you all out. So here I am, following instructions. :)

Picard or Kirk?

Picard forever. What would make someone pick Kirk, except some sort of loyalty to nostalgia or something?! That maybe came out too meanly, but I really am curious.... if you pick Kirk... please tell me why!

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
blindly following a friend's advice

you'll fit right in

I advise you to buy this bridge I have for sale in Brooklyn

oh, and welcome

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Picard forever. What would make someone pick Kirk, except some sort of loyalty to nostalgia or something?! That maybe came out too meanly, but I really am curious.... if you pick Kirk... please tell me why!
Because Picard isn't. As good. A captain. Just kidding, I like Kirk better, but it's sentiment. He was first, and they had a lot to learn, and a lot to invent that was already worked out for Next Generation. I loved Next Generation too.

Welcome to TEST!

starstough

Lieutenant
Jul 17, 2020
RSI Handle
starstough
Because Picard isn't. As good. A captain. Just kidding, I like Kirk better, but it's sentiment. He was first, and they had a lot to learn, and a lot to invent that was already worked out for Next Generation. I loved Next Generation too.

Welcome to TEST!
:D I do give kudos where they are due and Kirk gets them for blazing trails. I admit, though, that I haven't given him much of a chance. I could see if my opinion has changed... /shrug

starstough

Lieutenant
Jul 17, 2020
RSI Handle
starstough
To be fair, Kirk was written as adolesccent wish fullfilment. Picard was written much more seriously. Like what captain goes on dangerous away missions, just so he can suck face with green women?
I guess it depends on who the adolescent is.... I was a serious child. Picard seriously held my heart. XD :love:

Picard had his share of women, they just weren't floozies :D Mostly anyway

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
To be fair, Kirk was written as adolesccent wish fullfilment. Picard was written much more seriously. Like what captain goes on dangerous away missions, just so he can suck face with green women?
Picard went on plenty of away missions. They were glad when he came.

1595029779546.png

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Kirk because he saw the Prime Directive as a general guideline instead of as a moral imperative.

Plus he kept getting forced to accept promotions leading to him intentionally getting demoted because his dream was to be a Captain, whereas Pickard's dream was to grow grapes and make wine.

Forgot your password?