Holocaust remembrance day

Drowez

Captain
Jan 8, 2023
RSI Handle
Drowez
It is with great sadness that I am updating this thread.

My Grandmother, pictured in the first post of this thread, passed away peacefully in her sleep on Friday.

She would have been 94 next month.

She saw terrible and amazing things in her lifetime, lived through hell and long enough to see her grandkids have kids of their own, living free, healthy and in safe countries.

I will miss her greatly, she was amazing, I hope this little piece of internet history in this thread keeps her memory going.
My condolences, may you find peace in remembrance of such a wonderful person.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Montoya, please accept my family’s deepest condolences for you and your family.

Humans have done horrible things to others. Some from ignorance, some from fear, some from hurt, and others from hate. The only way to combat this is to learn from history, to bring understanding those that did not know, understanding to those who fear, healing to those that were hurt, and compassion to those that hate.

Sometimes, that seems like an impossible task, but we can only do this one person at a time. It’s too easy to hate, fear, and remain ignorant of things and positions you differ from. We can only grow as a species and as individuals if we choose the hard path. Make the decision to walk the hard path, so that things your grandmother, and other grandmothers and fathers had to endure, never have to be endured again.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
It is so sad, the incredible numbers across this country shouting horrid anti-Zionist, even genocidal memes. I just cannot fathom how so many supposed college students know nothing about the Middle East and yet are willing to add their voices to the Nazi whackos. So saddening.

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
I only exist because the Godmother of my father who was 8 years old at the time had the courage to walk in front of the gun of a Russian soldier who was about to shoot him shouting "He's only a child!." Somehow that made him stop and remember he's also a human being.

Hamas didn't stop. They deliberately slaughtered babies on Oct the 7th.

Netanyahu doesn't stop. He bombed more than 15000 children to death by now.

The lesson of the Holocaust should have been to end all wars and all violence.

Poeple never learn.

Edit: and I don't care what poeple believe in, whether it's YAHWEH or ALLAH. Those acts of barbarism can never be justified.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I must request we keep it on topic TESTies - remember this thread is about what happened to Jewish people in Germany and other invaded countries in the 30's and 40's, not about current world events - may it never be done by any population of any people to any other again. To forget the examples of the past such as the lead up to and event of the holocaust dooms the world to repeat them. Never again, if we can help it.

I am not taking any side, not saying anyone is wrong, not saying anyone is right, I'm saying given the forum rules discussion of current world events are prohibited, double given that they may involve religion which is also another prohibited topic, and given the rememberance topic of this thread, I must respectfully request restraint.

If you must, I suggest taking any further derail to The Outside so not to divert or desecrate this thread of remembrance:

Last edited:
Reactions: Garonman

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
I must request we keep it on topic TESTies - remember this thread is about what happened to Jewish people in Germany and invaded countries in the 30's and 40's, not about current world events - may it never be done to any population of any people to any other again. To forget the examples of the past such as the lead up to and event of the holocaust dooms the world to repeat them. Never again, if we can help it.

I am not saying g anyone is wrong, I'm not saying anyone is right, I'm saying given the forum rules discussion of current world events are prohibited, double given that they may involve religion which is also another prohibited topic, and the sensitive topic of this thread, I must respectfully request restraint.

If you must, I suggest taking any further derail to The Outside so not to divert or desecrate this thread of remembrance:

I live in Germany. We are remembered almost constantly given the media footage. The Holocaust is allways presented as singular event. I think we desecrate the remembrance of victims of that time if we don't speak out against new acts of Barbarism taking place in our time. You are right in one regard. Not restricting the topics of this thread will inevitably lead to some obnoxious poeple posting stupid one-sided comments that disregard the respective other side completly. And this is why I will stop after this post. Forgive me if I don't value upholding forum rules as much as upholding the remembrance of poeple who died back then. My family was in shambles after WW2 and still is. Just bits and peaces left. They weren't Nazis but just workers without any say or fiddlers, small time artists, drunks and goodfornothings. Edit: they still deserved to live.

Last edited:
Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I live in Germany. We are remembered almost constantly given the media footage. The Holocaust is allways presented as singular event. I think we desecrate the remembrance of victims of that time if we don't speak out against new acts of Barbarism taking place in our time. You are right in one regard. Not restricting the topics of this thread will inevitably lead to some obnoxious poeple posting stupid one-sided comments that disregard the respective other side completly. And this is why I will stop after this post. Forgive me if I don't value upholding forum rules as much as upholding the remembrance of poeple who died back then. My family was in shambles after WW2 and still is. Just bits and peaces left. They weren't Nazis but just workers without any say or fiddlers, small time artists, drunks and goodfornothings. Edit: they still deserved to live.
I understand, agree and appreciate your cooperation in refraining in this thread.

If you wish to continue, please join me over in The Outside :like:

Forgot your password?