I like The Cutlass and the Lancer! WHy I Spent so much $$ on SC ! lol

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
SO. after playing for about a week with minor issues I am actually contemplating Why I spent $1,010 on SC lol.
Reason being is that i FREAKING LOVE MY Cutlass and Lancer. I can find excuses to run either and LOVE them all. The main quirks I have with the Cutlass are:
1- Only one entry point. A side door would be awesome.
2- Limited controls on cockpit. The lancer's cockpit feels more immersive.
3- Acceleration on the Cutlass VS Lancer. it's SLOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW when compared.
On the Lancer:
1- That side door needs to be an airlock
2- I find its a bit too Narrow when compared to the Cutlass.
3- Weapons are nice BUT at this point, the cutlass feels more armed.
4- Of all my ships, this and the connie like to go on Pimp my ride mode with hydraulic jumping every once in a while and they are unusable.

The buccaneer, I've used it twice, on a mission and on a run to Levski
The Connie? I've used it about 5 times BUT that interface is too crowded for me and it feels slower than the Starfarer.
I used the Starfarer (MY Orion loaner) for a successful cargo run once (it was unplayable for me 4 times)

Now to the point that will get me some enemies.....
1- Everyone refers to the Cutlass as the go-to Serenity (Firefly) replacement. when Clearly the Freelancer fits that profile a lot better ;). HOWEVER, the Cutlass vibe goes more in par with the show!
2- As for the "Freelancer looks more like the Rocinante" (The Expanse reference) argument, that honor goes to the Herald IMO ! lol

In any case. 3.0 has given utilitarian ships a WHOLE new meaning in game. It is making me re-think my Official game release starting fleet......
~R

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I love my lancer, always have, always will. Looking forward to if they rework it - I suspect they will at some point.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
They won't sell it again with LTI. Best way is to buy a small LTI ship when they next have a new small ship released, and then you can do a cross chassis upgrade CCU to a freelancer and you'll end up with a freelancer.

Or buy one second hand of a testie.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
LOL, see you in a year, when you have spent another $$$$ on SC and wonder how you spent even more than before!
I very wisely shut up
Yes, the Cutlass and Freelancer are nice ships. The Cutlass can be used for some pewpewpewpew, Since targets are hard to hit, 4 fast stock repeaters help a lot. I didn't try it.... got an opportunity in the form of interdiction... yet with the Freelancer, but the pirates that tried it on the Cutlass now float in space somewhere.

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
I intend to not spend more than $1K. I'm currently at, um, $930. Yeah... probably not gonna happen. I'll pass $1000 when I get my 325a to upgrade to a Reliant Sen.

My fleet will then consist of a Herald, Reliant Sen, Avenger Titan, Buccaneer, Cutlass Black, Constellation Taurus, and Reclaimer.

I still want a Freelancer, because for some reason I'm really attracted to it. And another combat ship, maybe a Hurricane. And an Avenger Stalker. And a Retaliator with cargo bays so I can pretend to be an old vet flying his warbird around in civilian life. And the Orion. And maybe an Endeavor...

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
At this point I'm going to stop since the ships I want to buy are not available or ready to fly....
Herald (most definitely on the next sale)
-----------------------------
Reliant Sen
Carrack (or probably an Andromeda to Aquila CCU)
The Redeemer reminds me off a cross between the Nebuchadnezzar and an anime ship i forgot the name off
The Reclaimer because OMG THE NOSTROMO!
But these ships will probably be bought in game.
Now on to the Caterpillar.
I REALLY want to like the ship. I mean I love all things Drake BUT that obstruction of the view....
But hauling cargo this past week has got me thinking.. a Caterpillar totally makes sense for a cargo hauler/versatile (if only I could see those proposed modules). That Caterpillar is the ONLY one I might consider buying into. The Herald will be a must as soon as it pops up!

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
You forgot about the Orion, Andromeda, Buccaneer and Dragonfly :wink:
Check my OP about my thoughts on the Andromeda ;) The Buccaneer is going to be my "oh so you just keelz me and made me loose my ship and cargo so now joo DIE" revenge ship and Dragonfly is my "Vespa" for when cruising around on a planet

PrimeCronus

Admiral
Sep 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Nero_Genesys
They won't sell it again with LTI. Best way is to buy a small LTI ship when they next have a new small ship released, and then you can do a cross chassis upgrade CCU to a freelancer and you'll end up with a freelancer.

Or buy one second hand of a testie.
After all good things i heard about freelancer, i doubt anyone wanna sell it xD

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I feel your love for the Cutlasses and the Lancers. I have 3/3 Cutlasses and 3/4 Lancers :)

@Blind Owl helped me decide and it was the right choice. The only fighter I have is the Buccaneer. I'll just always end up fighting in a Lancer or a Cutlass anyways.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Not sure how the Cutlass is the a Serenity replacement would think the Starfarer would be a closer match given their relativity size comparison, similar cargo hold and bridge layout.

For me the Constellation will always have a special place in my heart ever since it was first introduced so long ago back in 2012.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/cdn-rsi/RSIConstellationMK3BrochureV2.pdf

And don't worry about spending 1k, its just the beginning of this rabbit hole.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
the best-dressed pilot In Spaace!
Lol, when 3.0 was released to the unclean masses and I logged to find my 100k+ had been reduced to 10k the first thing i did was spend most of it getting new threads which hampered my ability to trade, buy fuel and repair. But damn did I look good.

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?