Is Polaris Expected to Come during Invictus?

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
possibility, yes. I would give it less than a 5 percent chance at ILW.
Polaris chance per quarter
Q2 (current) 5 percent. Yes, it's technically possible, but I think we would be hearing a lot more about it.
Q3 (July, Aug, Sept) - 0, none, zip, zilch, zero. There is nothing going on during these months to warrant a massive sale that would go with the Polaris
Q4 (October, November, December) - 45 percent.

That leave a 50 percent chance it will be delayed until 2025 or later. Why? Because CIG has problems keeping to their announced timelines. CR has consistently over-promised and under-delivered.

For instance, they have said 4.0, and possibly Pryo are in the works for later this summer (April 11, 2024 ISC), but they have also said things like the Anvil Liberator (not to be confused with the AEGIS Valkyrie Liberator), will be needed for 4.0 to help move small ships around, and we have yet to hear anything about that. So, we will see what happens.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The only thing that I can confirm for sure, is that the ILW will happen during the end of May, as has been the tradition since it began, which sets it 6 months apart from the IAE. From what CIG has stated, they have made a lot of advancement of the Polaris through the pipeline & they are looking forward to releasing it at some point this year. Personally, I doubt that it'll arrive during ILW this year. I believe that it's far more likely to arrive either during CitizenCon, which would be its 8th anniversary from its concept announcement or during the IAE, since it'll be a huge draw & most likely come with a noticeable price increase.

RoosterRage

Captain
Donor
Jul 16, 2022
RSI Handle
RoosterRage
I've heard a lot of people saying that Polaris will come during Invictus, but I couldn't verify this.

Anyone know if its been confirmed? Or is it just a possibility?
I would think it will be the centerpiece of CitizenCon and the fact that John Crew stated that the Polaris will take 1.5 - 2 years and it started production last April, also a small ship like the Spirit took a year.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I would think it will be the centerpiece of CitizenCon and the fact that John Crew stated that the Polaris will take 1.5 - 2 years and it started production last April, also a small ship like the Spirit took a year.
CIG devs are also taking their time with the Polaris to establish more of the RSI vehicle brand blocks which will help them complete ships like the Perseus & Galaxy with greater efficiency afterwards. While I was interested in the Galaxy when it was in its concept sale, I already have other vehicles that can perform the functions of it that I'm interested at that time. The moment it was shown to also gain a construction module in the future, that's when I decided it was worth adding to my fleet.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I've heard a lot of people saying that Polaris will come during Invictus, but I couldn't verify this.

It's an interesting one, this - as they hear completion on s42 more and more "resources" (people) are being freed up and reallocated to SC. It's pretty impossible to second-hand what's going to happen, look at what happened with the Banu Merchentman it was making great strides then was popped in the back burner - not for invalid reasons no doubt but it's the kind of swing in development which can happen to anything anytime but if all the large ships it appears to be the one furthest along in development.

To get a feel for running a ship that big check out the Reclaimed or Hammerhead :-)

Also, welcome to testsquardon! Don't hesitate to pop an intro in New Members and join them over in Discord if you have not already had a chance to say hello :glorious:

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone

Looking at the 2 posts you have made on the forums here shows an interest in Capitol multicrew ships. There have been a lot of good answers from folks that have been involved with the project for years - I'm going to put on the Capt Obvious hat and condense it down a bit.

Plan to earn UEC in something other than a capitol ship.

By ALL means, if you have the cash pick up a Polaris, and/or play the F5 game to acquire an Idris. Fund my game :D

But understand that as the ship gets bigger, the cost and effort to make use of it will dramatically increase. CIG intends cap ships to be ORG tools; paying for massive quantities of two types of fuel, ammo, missiles/torpedoes, upgrades, a steady flow of repair parts, insurance, in-game fees, and incidentals like food for the crew, medical supplies, FPS weapons and armor... Taking one out on the weekend is expected to require work on the part of several players.

Having friends will make it possible, but you'll need ways to earn the income to pay for this stuff. We've had it easy for years, but what we have now is not the game as intended.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale

For instance, they have said 4.0, and possibly Pryo are in the works for later this summer (April 11, 2024 ISC), but they have also said things like the Anvil Liberator (not to be confused with the AEGIS Valkyrie Liberator), will be needed for 4.0 to help move small ships around, and we have yet to hear anything about that. So, we will see what happens.
That would be the Anvil Valkyrie Liberator. They are both Anvil.

Otherwise, yes.

It appears they have retconned a good deal about what they told us about Pyro. It is supposed to be mostly uninhabited/uninhabitable with no resources and a brutally dangerous star. A place that is inhabited only by those that are truly desperate.

None of that appears to be true anymore. Now if that were true then you would need a Liberator or other long range ship to traverse the system. Based on the last three Citizencons, and the tech demo, Pyro doesn't appear to be much different from Stanton.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
CIG devs are also taking their time with the Polaris to establish more of the RSI vehicle brand blocks which will help them complete ships like the Perseus & Galaxy with greater efficiency afterwards. While I was interested in the Galaxy when it was in its concept sale, I already have other vehicles that can perform the functions of it that I'm interested at that time. The moment it was shown to also gain a construction module in the future, that's when I decided it was worth adding to my fleet.
One would think most of those blocks come from the Bengal and possibly the Pegasus.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Banu Merchentman it was making great strides then was popped in the back burner - not for invalid reasons no doubt
Like the artistic team crafting it up and left CIG. I'll have to find the vid but they talked about it and said the choice was to pull others off other projects or put the BMM on the back burner and it was easier and less disruptive to just shelve it until other projects where completed.
That would be the Anvil Valkyrie Liberator. They are both Anvil.

Otherwise, yes.

It appears they have retconned a good deal about what they told us about Pyro. It is supposed to be mostly uninhabited/uninhabitable with no resources and a brutally dangerous star. A place that is inhabited only by those that are truly desperate.

None of that appears to be true anymore. Now if that were true then you would need a Liberator or other long range ship to traverse the system. Based on the last three Citizencons, and the tech demo, Pyro doesn't appear to be much different from Stanton.
Not sure how Pyro is no different than stanton. It's true that the places in Pyro have more poi's then stanton but it's mostly due to Pyro coming later in the development pipes and stanton simply lacking.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Like the artistic team crafting it up and left CIG. I'll have to find the vid but they talked about it and said the choice was to pull others off other projects or put the BMM on the back burner and it was easier and less disruptive to just shelve it until other projects where completed.

Not sure how Pyro is no different than stanton. It's true that the places in Pyro have more poi's then stanton but it's mostly due to Pyro coming later in the development pipes and stanton simply lacking.
Oh, I'm not saying that Stanton is complete, by any means.

Pyro seems to have plenty of opportunity for fuel stops, like Stanton, making it viable for small craft, which it isn't supposed to have. It is fairly inhabited, which it isn't supposed to be.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
This is from 2013:
Yes, the Bengal is required for SQ42 & it's been looking great when we've seen it in game flying through. However, just like the Idris isn't fully completed yet according to CIG, the Bengal probably isn't either due to it being a far larger & more complex ship. I'm hoping though.

Reactions: Garonman

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Yes, the Bengal is required for SQ42 & it's been looking great when we've seen it in game flying through. However, just like the Idris isn't fully completed yet according to CIG, the Bengal probably isn't either due to it being a far larger & more complex ship. I'm hoping though.
My point, poorly expressed, is they should have most of the kit parts needed for the large RSI ships.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Not necessarily given sq42 only needs the rooms and features that support the story driven mission which was why the Idris could be sq42 complete and not ready for the pu.
Right. I'm not saying the ship is complete.
Though I would hope it is complete by now, but that the bits and parts, the corridor pieces, the components, the doors, etc. should be done enough so that the props from the Bengal can be used for the Polaris, Galaxy, and Peersesus in the usual kit bashing together,rbuilding style.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I think Naff hit the key point in guessing—CIG has reassigned people to ship building so we really should see some enhancements to release of new ships. The Polaris is very likely the biggest money maker CIG will ever produce. Even presuming they issue other Corvettes in the future, many will trade into them. Right now there are thousands of players who want a Polaris and they are going to change gameplay. So CIG is well advised to get the ship out ASAP so it can be well game tested. Just figuring out how fast to make it will take some time and experience. How hard will it be to shoot down those S10 torps? It matters hugely. Will it be difficult with a turret and easy with a fighter? Best is start to test sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?