wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Sooo, I just got my NXT Premium right hand joyous stick!
Congrats!

I've got my black-friday-discounted NXT too : ) I can already say Kosmosima performs better than my 10-year old Saitek x52 Pro stick. It allows me to precisely control both small and large ships in all 6 degrees of freedom.

It doesn't look like an expensive device, some microswitches are a little too loud, but for me, the biggest advantage of NXT over other joysticks I've been using before is small size. I use sticks mainly in HOSAM setup -- hands on stick and mouse, with the stick on the left -- and always on a table; the relatively short grip allows me to reach all hats on top with my index finger, while the rest of the fingers are on the pinky button, thumb button and trigger. And since I do not rest my wrist on the stick, but instead on the base itself, I can use F1 and F3 for PTT ; ) Yep, believe or not, it works, and I really think this is a good idea (note that I didn't mention F2 -- my wrist is actually resting on that side of the base : )

As far as I can see the guys already answered most of your questions, @Lorddarthvik. Please note that you can change the default mode of the hybrid hat-ministick to the stick. You can also change the color of the main led light, or even disable it completely; I changed mine from the default turquoise to blue, to match my other RGB leds. I tried to make the leds turning on and off when using selected buttons, but it looks that the software doesn't allow adding events like that. I hope VKB is going to add more features to the VKBDevCfg.

One more thing: En1 and En2 wheels are designed for cycling and incrementing. In flightsim you can use them to control flaps or spoilers, while in SC you can use them for example to cycle through targets (up and down) or increasing and decreasing shields (front when you joust and rear when you retreat ; ) Throttle wheel can be used for the speed limiter...

20201203_002215-2.jpg

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Congrats!

I've got my black-friday-discounted NXT too : ) I can already say Kosmosima performs better than my 10-year old Saitek x52 Pro stick. It allows me to precisely control both small and large ships in all 6 degrees of freedom.

It doesn't look like an expensive device, some microswitches are a little too loud, but for me, the biggest advantage of NXT over other joysticks I've been using before is small size. I use sticks mainly in HOSAM setup -- hands on stick and mouse, with the stick on the left -- and always on a table; the relatively short grip allows me to reach all hats on top with my index finger, while the rest of the fingers are on the pinky button, thumb button and trigger. And since I do not rest my wrist on the stick, but instead on the base itself, I can use F1 and F3 for PTT ; ) Yep, believe or not, it works, and I really think this is a good idea (note that I didn't mention F1 -- my wrist is actually resting on that side of the base : )

As far as I can see the guys already answered most of your questions, @Lorddarthvik. Please note that you can change the default mode of the hybrid hat-ministick to the stick. You can also change the color of the main led light, or even disable it completely; I changed mine from the default turquoise to blue, to match my other RGB leds. I tried to make the leds turning on and off when using selected buttons, but it looks that the software doesn't allow adding events like that. I hope VKB is going to add more features to the VKBDevCfg.

One more thing: En1 and En2 wheels are designed for cycling and incrementing. In flightsim you can use them to control flaps or spoilers, while in SC you can use them for example to cycle through targets (up and down) or increasing and decreasing shields (front when you joust and rear when you retreat ; ) Throttle wheel can be used for the speed limiter...

View attachment 19852
Nice setup!
Said you were left hand on stick, did you order a right hand stick on purpose?

Thanks for the answers and tips all, I'll figure this out and get it set up to my liking, it just takes time and I'm kinda impatient and lazy at the moment.
Next step is to find a piece of wire to fasten it to my armrest, than figure out a more permanent mounting solution lol

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
Congrats!

It doesn't look like an expensive device, some microswitches are a little too loud, but for me, the biggest advantage of NXT over other joysticks I've been using before is small size. I use sticks mainly in HOSAM setup -- hands on stick and mouse, with the stick on the left -- and always on a table; the relatively short grip allows me to reach all hats on top with my index finger, while the rest of the fingers are on the pinky button, thumb button and trigger. And since I do not rest my wrist on the stick, but instead on the base itself, I can use F1 and F3 for PTT ; ) Yep, believe or not, it works, and I really think this is a good idea (note that I didn't mention F2 -- my wrist is actually resting on that side of the base : )

View attachment 19852
Your desk is WAY too tidy... I am dissappointed

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
I am getting used to my new HOSAM setup, still got a lot of re-training of my brain and muscles to go! But that being said it's fun and the advantages a stick brings are amazing.

I didn't think of putting target switching on those dials at the bottom, I put the on one of the hats, while those sound great for it it's not easy to use those while flying at least I haven't noticed yet

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
/.../ I didn't think of putting target switching on those dials at the bottom, I put the on one of the hats, while those sound great for it it's not easy to use those while flying at least I haven't noticed yet
Yeah, they are a little too low, aren't they... The only way to operate them is to temporarily move your hand off the stick or use your other hand...
That's why I set one wheel to the landing gear and another one to VTOL toggle.

I have target selection set to A1 hat, both hostiles and friendly.

Last edited:

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
Yeah, they are a little too low, aren't they... The only way to operate them is to temporarily move your hand off the stick or use your other hand...
That's why I set one wheel to the landing gear and another one to VTOL toggle.

I have target selection set to A1 hat, both hostiles and friendly.
I use buttons on my mouse for VTOL/Landing/QD

Reactions: Ayeteeone

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Well I still have many unassigned buttons left but so far:

Top right hat switch is targeting, cycle enemy targets, friendlies, and push in is cruise control. It's kinda too hard to push, I'll probably swap that over to the middle hat whitch does nothing currently apart from afterburner on down. I left the analog stick in the top.left hat space, it's my up down left right strafe. Really convenient for takeoffs and landings.
Pinky is the oh shit button (space brake)
The strangely shaped one above the trigger is the forward (up) and back (down) strafe. It's easy to rapidly bump for small adjustments when landing and such.
I use the thumb hat for flare and chaff currently, nothing assigned to side movement.
QT, vtol, landing gear is on the base buttons for now.
Adjust cruise limiter is on the right roller, kinda fun but inconvenient, will change that to throttle. I remember assigning some sorta throttle limiter to the other one but it seems to do nothing in game, and the actual throttle has nothing assigned I think.
Big red button is missiles, obviously.
Empty buttons are:
top right, reachable with index finger, no idea what to put there cos I tend to forget the button even exists. I'd have to release the trigger to reach it, so something not combat related. Lights maybe?
Top center hat, apart from down direction (burn)
The rollers (will.assign limiter to physical throttle)
Thumb hat side clicks.

As I'm used to flying with limited buttons or mouse, and mostly doing "box run" style missions, I already use my keyboard extensively anyways.

Reactions: Ayeteeone and wmk

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
I've been using my new Gladiator NXT for a month now. The best black friday purchase ever.
Thanks @Sayora for creating this thread, and @Lorddarthvik for sale alert 🍻
I love my NXT, and I am going to get a 2nd to go HOSAS after saving up a bit more, nothing has improved my SC experience like getting a good stick has already.

Also your desk is way too clean...

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I've been using my new Gladiator NXT for a month now. The best black friday purchase ever.
Thanks @Sayora for creating this thread, and @Lorddarthvik for sale alert 🍻

View attachment 20111
Very Cool! Glad you like it!
I didn't have much time to play with it since it only arrived a short bit before CP2077 hit, and I've been playing that ever since. Done a bit of SC and MSFS with it, and since I got the bindings done, maaaan it feels awesome! Still need to install the lighter spring probably for dogfighting, but it's really good for immersive flying around!

And your desk is too neat...

Forgot your password?